|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millie use the game of hide and seek to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Be mean to David.
(c) Be by herself.
(d) Be mean to Audrea.
2. What does Jean's father do?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) Director of the local YMCA.
(c) He is dead.
(d) Teaches English.
3. Why is Jean shocked when she arrives back home after her adventures in the city?
(a) Miss Williams stopped by Jean's house.
(b) Her mother lost her job.
(c) Her teacher has resigned.
(d) Her father is being deported.
4. Why did Lin Nai-Nai leave her husband?
(a) He wanted her to move to a farm.
(b) He beat her.
(c) Her husband is dead.
(d) He took a second wife.
5. Who is David?
(a) Jean's younger brother.
(b) Andrea's twin brother.
(c) A boy the Hullses adopted.
(d) Jean's oldest brother.
6. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A new name.
(c) A World Atlas.
(d) A ticket to America.
7. What is one gift Millie receives for Christmas?
(a) A hat.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A kite.
8. Where does Jean go the next day after her confrontation?
(a) Into the city of Hankow.
(b) With her father to work.
(d) With her mother to work.
9. When do the Hullses and Millie arrive for a Christmas celebration?
(a) Early Christmas morning.
(b) The day after Christmas.
(c) Later in the day on Christmas.
(d) Christmas Eve.
10. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
(a) She thinks her family should move to a larger city in China.
(b) That she is on the wrong side of the world.
(c) She thinks her family should move to a smaller city in China.
(d) She loves it.
11. Why was Andrea Hull happy to be moving?
(a) Their new home was very fancy.
(b) They were moving because her mother was pregnant.
(c) They would live where English was spoken.
(d) They would live on the ocean.
12. Why did the baby die?
(a) It had a blood disease.
(b) It was premature.
(c) It had a congenital heart problem.
(d) It contacted postpartum fever.
13. For whom does Jean buy a pencil box?
14. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
15. Why did Jean's mother have to go to the hospital?
(a) She had phlebitis.
(b) She was gettting headaches.
(c) She caught TB.
(d) She had female troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christmas day like at Jean's home?
2. Why did Jean hate the thought of where they would vacation?
3. In what town was Jean's family going to vacation?
4. What do the Hullses stress in their lives?
5. Why is Andrea Hulls' family in China?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)