Short Answer Key
1. How old is Jean when the book opens?
2. Where is Jean living when the book opens?
3. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
That she is on the wrong side of the world.
4. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
5. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
6. What does Jean love about the river?
Some aspects of the activity on the river.
7. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
"God Save the King".
8. What does Jean refuse to do eventually at her school?
Sing the opening song of the morning.
9. Who is Jean's teacher?
10. What does Jean explain to her teacher what she has refused to do?
That she is an American and will not pledge to England.
11. What does...
This section contains 2,270 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)