|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean's father tell her she can do?
(a) Stand outside the classroom until the singing is over.
(b) Go to bed without supper for skipping school.
(c) Clean Miss Jones' blackboards for a month.
(d) Sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee".
2. Who are generally not allowed in the British concession?
(a) Russian people.
(b) No one.
(c) Chinese people.
(d) French people.
3. What is confusing to Jean at the opening to Chapter 5?
(a) Why her father does not take the family out of China immediately.
(b) The war in China.
(c) Lin Nai-Nai's father rejecting Lin Nai-Nai.
(d) Why the Communists hate Westerners.
4. Why did Jean's spirits improve about their vacation?
(a) Her father would stay with them the entire time.
(b) She would miss the few last days of school.
(c) Andrea would be able to visit.
(d) It would be longer than usual.
5. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
(a) "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) "God Save the King".
(d) "America the Beautiful".
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the bridge at which Jean's family arrived?
2. How do Jean and Andrea categorize people?
3. What does Jean's family decide to do?
4. What does Jean notice about insults aimed at white girls?
5. What did the children do when they found out Jean had moved from China?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)