|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Hulls go when they left San Francisco?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What is Lin Nai-Nai's hometown?
3. What happens in Wuchang?
(a) A flood.
(b) A serious flu epidemic.
(c) Communist soldiers attack it.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What is confusing to Jean at the opening to Chapter 5?
(a) The war in China.
(b) Lin Nai-Nai's father rejecting Lin Nai-Nai.
(c) Why the Communists hate Westerners.
(d) Why her father does not take the family out of China immediately.
5. What does Jean explain to her teacher what she has refused to do?
(a) That she hates the red clay getting all over her clothes.
(b) That she hates China and does not want to learn to write Chinese.
(c) That she is an American and will not pledge to England.
(d) That she wants to draw pictures of the American president instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the coolies demand after the family goes a short distance?
2. What was wrong with the bridge at which Jean's family arrived?
3. What does Jean dream of doing in America?
4. What are coolies?
5. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)