|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean's best friend?
2. What made the coolies dangerous?
(a) Nothing; they were pretty inept.
(b) They had knives.
(c) They had pistols.
(d) They outnumbered the Westerners by a large number.
3. What does Jean say about Yang Sze-Fu's politics?
(a) He is a Feudalist.
(b) He wants to ignore the political situation.
(d) He is a Communist.
4. What does Jean notice about insults aimed at white girls?
(a) They are increasing and more intense.
(b) They are not serious threats.
(c) They see to come from the richer Chinese.
(d) They seem to come from the poorer Chinese.
5. What did Jean and her mother do while her father changed the flat tire?
(a) Wandered through a meadow.
(b) Set up a picnic lunch.
(c) Sat on the side of the road.
(d) Sat in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the YMCA family Jean's family stayed with on vacation?
2. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
3. What does the YMCA do during the siege of Lin Nai-Nai's hometown?
4. What is confusing to Jean at the opening to Chapter 5?
5. What does Jean's father do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)