|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jean's father attempt to do about the revolution?
(a) Supply the rebels with food.
(b) Support the government.
(c) Remain apolitical.
(d) Join the revolution.
2. What does the YMCA do during the siege of Lin Nai-Nai's hometown?
(a) Try to negotiate with the Communists.
(b) Give the Communists bribes to let food into the area.
(c) Help in relief efforts.
3. How does Jean's family get out of the predicament with the Communist coolies?
(a) Jean's father pays them the new sum.
(b) Some British soldiers come along and get the coolies to move on.
(c) Jean's father calls for a government official.
(d) Some coolies who are loyal to Jean's family comes to their aid.
4. What do the Hullses stress in their lives?
(a) Rigid role models for the boys and girls.
(b) Strict moral behavior.
(c) Their mission to convert the Chinese people.
(d) Being free and natural.
5. About what does Andrea complain?
(a) That they are not able to flirt with boys.
(b) That their fathers are not on the boat.
(c) That Andrea's family is going to live with another family for a year before they go to Indonesia.
(d) That David got to stay in China with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jean's spirits improve about their vacation?
2. Who is Yang Sze Sze-Fu?
3. Who calls Jean a foreign devil?
4. How did Jean feel about the scenery around where they were staying?
5. What began to happen in the city?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)