|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean confess in her letters to her Grandma?
(a) That her father is never home.
(b) That she is depressed about living in China.
(c) That the English boys all beat up on her.
(d) That she sometimes does not try to be good.
2. Who does the car stop for on the way to the boat?
(a) The Gale family.
(b) No one.
(c) Andrea and David.
(d) The Hu family.
3. In what town was Jean's family going to vacation?
4. How does Jean's mother get to the river?
(a) A special coolie for invalids.
(b) On a stretcher.
(c) In an ambulance.
(d) She walks with the rest of the family.
5. Why did the customs officials check people's health?
(a) To make sure they brought nothing that could cause an epidemic.
(b) They did not worry about a traveler's health.
(c) To get them to a doctor is they needed it.
(d) So they would not be sued for someone getting sick in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christmas day like at Jean's home?
2. Who is Jean's best friend?
3. According to Jean, what do wars seem to involve in history books?
4. What do the coolies demand after the family goes a short distance?
5. When does Jean cry in front of her mother?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)