|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jean feel about where they were staying?
(a) She hated her room.
(b) She was indifferent to it.
(c) She disliked the family.
(d) She loved her room.
2. What does Jean think the kind of lifestyle the Hullses have would promote?
3. What does Jean dream of doing in America?
(a) Doing things she cannot do in China.
(b) Singing the "Star Spangled Banner".
(c) Not being a second-class citizen.
(d) Having her own dog.
4. For whom does Jean buy a pencil box?
5. What is Jean's family doing over the holidays similar to the Hullses?
(a) They are also hosting Millie for awhile.
(b) They are not celebrating Christmas.
(c) They are giving their employees bonuses.
(d) They are celebrating Hanukkah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lin Nai-Nai?
2. What does Jean confess in her letters to her Grandma?
3. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
4. Who is Yang Sze Sze-Fu?
5. What does Jean explain to her teacher what she has refused to do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)