|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean confess in her letters to her Grandma?
(a) That she is depressed about living in China.
(b) That the English boys all beat up on her.
(c) That she sometimes does not try to be good.
(d) That her father is never home.
2. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
(a) Play with the toys she receives.
(b) Goes to church with the families.
(c) The dishes from Christmas dinner.
(d) Say thank you for the presents.
3. What does Jean think the kind of lifestyle the Hullses have would promote?
4. What are coolies?
(a) A group of kids in a class.
(b) Hand towels that are wet and placed on the head in the heat.
(c) Unskilled laborers.
(d) One form of barter payment.
5. Where does Jean carve her initials?
(a) In her desk at school.
(b) In wet cement near her house.
(c) On a Chinese junk.
(d) On a tree near her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jean when the book opens?
2. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
3. What does Ian Forbes try to make Jean do?
4. How does Jean get to Andrea's house?
5. What did Jean's mother do right after she had the baby?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)