|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jean carve her initials?
(a) On a Chinese junk.
(b) In wet cement near her house.
(c) On a tree near her house.
(d) In her desk at school.
2. How does Jean get to Andrea's house?
(d) Her mother takes her.
3. What is one thing Jean does in preparation for Christmas?
(a) Buy Millie a present.
(b) Make Audrey a present.
(c) Make David a present.
(d) Make her parents presents.
4. Who is Lin Nai-Nai?
(a) The woman who cleans Jean's home.
(b) The woman who cooks at Jean's school.
(c) Jean's nanny.
(d) A teacher at Jean's school.
5. Where was Mr. Hull transferring?
(a) To Beijing.
(b) To Chunjudo.
(c) The Shaghai YMCA.
(d) To Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's family doing over the holidays similar to the Hullses?
2. When do the Hullses and Millie arrive for a Christmas celebration?
3. How do the Hullses sometimes appear in their home?
4. How did Jean feel about the scenery around where they were staying?
5. What were students and coolies doing about the Chinese revolution?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)