|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jean when the book opens?
2. Why did Jean's mother have to go to the hospital?
(a) She caught TB.
(b) She was gettting headaches.
(c) She had phlebitis.
(d) She had female troubles.
3. Where was Mr. Hull transferring?
(a) To Chunjudo.
(b) The Shaghai YMCA.
(c) To Hong Kong.
(d) To Beijing.
4. When do the Hullses and Millie arrive for a Christmas celebration?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Later in the day on Christmas.
(c) The day after Christmas.
(d) Early Christmas morning.
5. What did Jean and her mother listen to one night when they felt very tense?
(a) Dogs barking and crying.
(b) Police sirens.
(c) Houses being torn up.
(d) Screams and sounds of violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean refuse to do eventually at her school?
2. What does Millie use the game of hide and seek to do?
3. Who is Millie?
4. Where did Jean think their summer vacation would be?
5. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)