|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Chinese custom to which Lin Nai-Nai was subjected?
(b) Fertility rites.
(d) Foot binding.
2. Why does Jean not see her best friend often?
(a) Jean's mother does not approve of the girl's parents.
(b) The best friend is only in the city every other month.
(c) The best friend lives in a rural area.
(d) The best friend's mother does not approve of Jean's parents.
3. What is an Amah?
(a) A city ordinance.
(b) A nanny.
(c) A cleaning woman.
(d) A priest.
4. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
(a) She loves it.
(b) That she is on the wrong side of the world.
(c) She thinks her family should move to a smaller city in China.
(d) She thinks her family should move to a larger city in China.
5. Who is Yang Sze Sze-Fu?
(a) The peasant who brings milk to Jean's school everyday.
(b) The mayor of Hankow.
(c) The cook for Jean's family.
(d) The headmaster of Jean's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's father tell her she can do?
2. Where is Jean living when the book opens?
3. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
4. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
5. What does Ian Forbes try to make Jean do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)