|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She thinks her family should move to a smaller city in China.
(c) She thinks her family should move to a larger city in China.
(d) That she is on the wrong side of the world.
2. When does Jean cry in front of her mother?
(a) When relating the story about Ian.
(b) When their father announces he lost his job.
(c) When she is relating the story of getting lost in Hankow.
(d) When her mother said they are moving back to the United States.
3. What does Jean refuse to do eventually at her school?
(a) Draw pictures of the King.
(b) Learn Chinese characters.
(c) Sing the opening song of the morning.
(d) Go outside and play.
4. Where does Jean carve her initials?
(a) In wet cement near her house.
(b) On a tree near her house.
(c) On a Chinese junk.
(d) In her desk at school.
5. How old is Jean when the book opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are coolies?
2. Who is Jean's teacher?
3. What does Jean's mother do?
4. What does Ian Forbes try to make Jean do?
5. Who is Jean's best friend?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)