|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean call Mille?
(b) Missy Mil.
(d) Missy Lee.
2. What was the political situation like when Jean was eleven?
(a) It was calm with a strong Chinese emperor.
(b) The Chinese government has been more open than usual.
(c) The Communists were about to stage a revolution.
(d) The Communists have been in power for a decade.
3. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
(a) The Yangtse.
(b) The Haihe.
(c) The Pearl.
(d) The Yellow.
4. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
5. What are coolies?
(a) A group of kids in a class.
(b) Hand towels that are wet and placed on the head in the heat.
(c) Unskilled laborers.
(d) One form of barter payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's mom say about Jean's request for Christmas?
2. What is a Chinese custom to which Lin Nai-Nai was subjected?
3. How do Andrea's parents get along?
4. What is an Amah?
5. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)