|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feeling does Jean have as they travel on the ship?
(c) Bad premonition.
(d) Great sadness.
2. What city is near Wuchang?
3. Why did the customs officials check people's health?
(a) They did not worry about a traveler's health.
(b) So they would not be sued for someone getting sick in America.
(c) To get them to a doctor is they needed it.
(d) To make sure they brought nothing that could cause an epidemic.
4. How does Jean's family get out of the predicament with the Communist coolies?
(a) Jean's father calls for a government official.
(b) Some British soldiers come along and get the coolies to move on.
(c) Some coolies who are loyal to Jean's family comes to their aid.
(d) Jean's father pays them the new sum.
5. What amazed Jean about stepping foot in America?
(a) That there was so few people in such a large city.
(b) That it was so difficult to get through customs.
(c) That she did not feel any difference physically.
(d) That the buildings looked the same as China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
2. What does Jean call Mille?
3. What do the Communist coolies demand of Jean's family?
4. For what is Jean not yet old enough?
5. Who is David?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)