|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Communist coolies demand of Jean's family?
(a) That they stay on the boat.
(b) All their yens.
(c) Fifty cents per bag to carry their luggage.
(d) That they accompany them to Communist headquarters.
2. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
(a) A ticket to America.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A World Atlas.
(d) A new name.
3. What does David ask Jean to ask Millie to do?
(a) Find out his true parents.
(b) Ask her parents if he could visit Millie.
(c) Help him meet up with a boy at the orphanage.
4. What does Jean ask Lin Nai-Nai?
(a) If Lin Nai-Nai will return to her home.
(b) If Lin Nai-Nai will come to the States with Jean's family.
(c) If Lin Nai-Nai is frightened of the political situation.
(d) If Lin Nai-Nai is a Communist.
5. What does Jean feel does not come naturally to her?
(a) Being good.
(b) Writing cursive.
(c) The Chinese language.
(d) Understanding the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family do when crossing West Virginia?
2. About what does Andrea complain?
3. What does Jean's grandmother tell Jean to do with the calendar she sent Jean?
4. What did Jean's father do with the sign in front of the bridge?
5. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)