|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean feel does not come naturally to her?
(a) Being good.
(b) The Chinese language.
(c) Understanding the English.
(d) Writing cursive.
2. How do the Hullses sometimes appear in their home?
(a) Unfriendly to the hired help.
(c) Condescending to the hired help.
3. Where did the ship stop after about three weeks of travel?
(a) The Hawaiian Islands.
(b) The Philippines.
4. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
(a) Goes to church with the families.
(b) Say thank you for the presents.
(c) The dishes from Christmas dinner.
(d) Play with the toys she receives.
5. What does Jean's father do about the new demands by the Communist coolies?
(a) Ask to speak to their supervisor.
(b) Almost come to blows over it.
(c) Shoot one of the coolies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the bridge at which Jean's family arrived?
2. What does Jean's family decide to do?
3. When did Jean think she would really feel she was in America?
4. What does Jean dream of doing in America?
5. What do the coolies demand after the family goes a short distance?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)