1. How old is Jean when the book opens?
2. Where is Jean living when the book opens?
3. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
(a) That she is on the wrong side of the world.
(b) She thinks her family should move to a larger city in China.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She thinks her family should move to a smaller city in China.
4. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
5. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
(a) The Yellow.
(b) The Yangtse.
(c) The Haihe.
(d) The Pearl.
6. What does Jean love about the river?
(a) Some aspects of the activity on the river.
(b) The sound of its rushing waters.
(c) The way the river creates waterfalls.
(d) The birds on the river.
7. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
(a) "America the Beautiful".
(b) "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) "God Save the King".
This section contains 4,918 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)