1. How old is Jean when the book opens?
2. Where is Jean living when the book opens?
3. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
(a) That she is on the wrong side of the world.
(b) She thinks her family should move to a smaller city in China.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She thinks her family should move to a larger city in China.
4. Where does Jean's grandmother live?
5. What river borders the city where Jean lives in China?
(a) The Pearl.
(b) The Yangtse.
(c) The Yellow.
(d) The Haihe.
6. What does Jean love about the river?
(a) The way the river creates waterfalls.
(b) Some aspects of the activity on the river.
(c) The sound of its rushing waters.
(d) The birds on the river.
7. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
(a) "America the Beautiful".
(b) "God Save the King".
(c) "The Lord's Prayer".
This section contains 4,918 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)