|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Mala?
(a) Sarcastic and funny.
(b) Sloppy and rude.
(c) Competent but difficult.
(d) Competent and friendly.
2. Why does Raji tell Koly he is living in the city?
(a) To save money for seeds.
(b) To start a factory with his uncle.
(c) To make money to send to his wife.
(d) To help his mother.
3. How does Koly feel about working for Mr. Das?
(a) She feels stifled.
(b) It's important to her.
(c) It's an escape from Maa Kamala's.
(d) It is boring, but she is grateful for the money.
4. What best describes the train ride that Koly and Sass take to Delhi?
(a) Depressing and smelly.
(b) Relaxed and exciting.
(c) Loud and exciting.
(d) Crowded and hot.
5. What job is Koly told she will have in Chapter 8?
(a) Stringing marigolds.
(b) Washing laundry.
(c) Helping widows at the government office.
(d) Cleaning the widow's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of Sassur's job in Chapter 6?
2. What does Koly learn about her widow's pension when she goes to the government office in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to the food in the Mehta household as Sass eats less and less?
4. Why does Koly return to the train station after spending a week in Vrindavan?
5. What does Koly see at Mala's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rickshaw driver help Koly in Chapter 8?
2. Describe the two friends that Koly finds in Chapter 6.
3. Explain Sassur's feelings regarding computers.
4. Explain how Koly ends up in possession of the Tagore book.
5. Describe Raji's plans for the future as he describes them to Koly in Chapter 9.
6. What happens when Koly cannot find Sass at the temple after taking the 50 rupees to buy lunch?
7. Explain how Tagore is important to Koly in Chapter 9.
8. Describe the service run by Maa Kamala's.
9. Describe Sass's behavior on the train ride to her brother's home.
10. Explain why Sass sells her house.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)