|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life changing event occurs in Chapter 6?
(a) Sassur loses his job.
(b) Sassur dies.
(c) Koly's father dies and she returns home.
(d) Sass's brother dies and leaves her an inheritance.
2. What is a Chula?
(a) A quilt of remembrance.
(b) A small stove.
(c) A poem.
(d) A prayer.
3. Why does Raji tell Koly he is living in the city?
(a) To save money for seeds.
(b) To start a factory with his uncle.
(c) To make money to send to his wife.
(d) To help his mother.
4. What does Chandra tell Koly about her new husband?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He works late every night.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He makes good money.
5. Who does Koly wait with at the train station on her second visit there?
(a) A family waiting for a train.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Mr. Lal and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sass decides to sell the Tagore book for some extra money?
2. How does Koly sneak out to go to Mala's party after Maa Kamala tells her that she cannot go?
3. Where does Sassur go when Sass tries to speak to him regarding difficulties in the house in Chapter 6?
4. Why doesn't Maa Kamala allow Koly to go to Mala's party?
5. Why does Sass say that she and Koly should stop in Vrindavan on their way to Delhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the losses Koly attempts to deal with in Chapter 6.
2. Describe the two friends that Koly finds in Chapter 6.
3. Describe Koly's first day at Mr. Das's shop.
4. Explain why Sass sells her house.
5. Explain why the benefactor funds the widow's home where Koly stays.
6. Describe Koly's first day of work stringing marigolds.
7. Describe Koly's financial situation in Chapter 8.
8. Explain how Tagore is important to Koly in Chapter 9.
9. Explain how Koly ends up in possession of the Tagore book.
10. Describe Chandra's feelings about her marriage in Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)