|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the local healer come to see Hari the night before his trip?
(a) To accompany Hari on the trip the next day.
(b) To build his strength for the trip the next day.
(c) To ask a favor.
(d) To deliver herbs for Hari's pain.
2. What is Koly told about the husband her parents have chosen for her?
(a) That he is handsome and kind.
(b) That he is handsome and has good prospects.
(c) That he is from a good caste and has had schooling.
(d) That he is from a good caste and the family has money.
3. What is notable about Sassur's favorite book of poetry that might make it valuable?
(a) It was handwritten three generations ago..
(b) It is signed by a holy man.
(c) It is signed by the author.
(d) It has gold woven in the cover.
4. What does Chandra tell Koly about her new husband?
(a) He makes good money.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He works late every night.
(d) He is cruel.
5. What does the doctor say is wrong with Hari?
(c) He says he doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant event occurs at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What are some of the things that Koly does after Chandra leaves to try and please Sass?
3. What does Koly see being placed in the baggage car of the train before they embark on their trip to Varanasi?
4. Who meets Hari and his family in Varanasi?
5. How does Koly react when the rickshaw driver tells her that Sass has abandoned her?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)