|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Koly's mother make money?
(a) She is a wash woman.
(b) She makes and sells saris.
(c) She is a medicine woman.
(d) She teaches.
2. What does Koly imagine doing as she daydreams in Chapter 4?
(a) Returning to her parents' home.
(b) Selling her quilts to support herself.
(c) Having a good husband and a child.
(d) Living with only Chandra.
3. What does Koly want to do when she learns her parents have selected a husband for her?
(a) Tell her best friend.
(b) Run away.
(c) Meet him right away.
(d) Sneak into his town to catch a glimpse of the boy.
4. What does Koly embroider on the quilt that she makes for Chandra's wedding gift?
(a) The silver earrings.
(b) A scene from a Tagore poem.
(c) Memories of the good times the two girls shared.
(d) Pictures of Hari and Chandra as children.
5. Why does Sass sell her house?
(a) To move to a widow's apartment in Delhi.
(b) To move to her brother's house in Delhi.
(c) Koly has a job in Delhi.
(d) She has a job in Delhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Koly travel to meet her groom?
2. What does Sass give Koly while they are in Vrindavan?
3. What does Koly learn about her widow's pension when she goes to the government office in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Sassur go when Sass tries to speak to him regarding difficulties in the house in Chapter 6?
5. What does Koly do at the temples on her first day alone in Vrindavan?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)