|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sassur obtain his favorite book of poetry?
(a) From the author.
(b) From his school.
(c) From his father.
(d) From a book store.
2. What activity does Koly undertake to remember Hari and to soothe her soul?
(a) She writes a poem.
(b) She sews a special sari.
(c) She plants a mango tree and tends to it.
(d) She makes a quilt.
3. What does Koly imagine doing as she daydreams in Chapter 4?
(a) Selling her quilts to support herself.
(b) Returning to her parents' home.
(c) Living with only Chandra.
(d) Having a good husband and a child.
4. Who gives Tanu and Koly the beads to make into bangles?
(b) The jewelry vendor at the marketplace.
(c) The benefactor at the widow's home.
(d) Maa Kamala.
5. What is Koly's role in Chandra's wedding ceremony?
(a) Sister of the bride.
(b) Bearer of gifts.
(c) Common servant.
(d) Flower thrower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Koly stay with on her first night in Vrindavan?
2. Why does the benefactor of the widow's home say her father started the home?
3. Where does Koly find food and a bed in Vrindavan?
4. What do Tanu and Koly think of bangle making?
5. What is true of life at the Mehta's home once Chandra is married?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)