|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Koly feel when it is time to leave Sass's house?
(c) At peace.
2. Why does Chandra think that her match will be a good husband?
(a) Because he has a promising future as a teacher.
(b) Because she will be a good wife.
(c) Because she said a prayer at the Ganges.
(d) Because his family owns so much land.
3. Who does Koly wait with at the train station on her second visit there?
(a) Mr. Lal and his wife.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A family waiting for a train.
4. What do Sass and Koly do when they go to the village one week after Hari's death?
(a) Order a sari.
(b) Deliver a message.
(c) Fill out papers.
(d) Obtain a package.
5. Why do Koly's dreams of leaving Sass end in Chapter 7?
(a) Koly becomes ill and dependent on Sass.
(b) Sass becomes ill and Koly cares for her.
(c) She and Sass become friendly.
(d) She no longer has the silver earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are computers viewed by Chandra and Sass?
2. What best describes the train ride that Koly and Sass take to Delhi?
3. What does Koly's father give her before leaving her at her new home?
4. What is Hari given upon arriving at the place where his family stays in Varanasi?
5. What is true of life at the Mehta's home once Chandra is married?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)