|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Chandra and Koly interact in Chapter 4 after Hari's passing?
(a) Koly resents Chandra's laziness.
(b) The two don't speak anymore.
(c) They are good friends and close.
(d) Chandra resents Koly's presence in the home.
2. After Sass returns from getting Hari's medicine, how does she react when she discovers Koly in Hari's room and learns she has given him a remedy?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She embraces Koly.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She pretends not to notice.
3. Why does Koly's father sometimes refuse payment for his work?
(a) He believes it is his obligation to help the community.
(b) He is being blackmailed into it.
(c) His clients are very poor.
(d) He is passionate about his work.
4. Where does Hari tell Koly his parents are planning to take him?
(b) The Ganges River.
(c) To a famous healer.
(d) His grandfather's town.
5. Why does Koly get married?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is in love.
(c) Her family mistreats her and she wants to leave.
(d) Her family needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Hari's ashes scattered?
2. Each month after Hari's death, an envelope arrives in the mail for Koly. What is it?
3. Why does Koly have a hard time sleeping her first night in Vrindavan?
4. Where does Koly spend her first full week sleeping in Vrindavan?
5. Why is Sassur described as being sad so often in Chapter 4?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)