|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maa Kamala keep half of Koly's pay?
(a) To put into a savings account for Koly.
(b) To pay for her trouble.
(c) To pay for her living expenses.
(d) To pay for beading supplies.
2. How does Koly feel about the silver earrings after learning how her widow's pension has been used?
(a) She decides to give them to Chandra after all.
(b) She stops feeling guilty about not giving them to Chandra.
(c) She is angry and takes them back from Chandra.
(d) She is angry that she gave them to Chandra, but does nothing.
3. What does Sass do to make money for her and Koly to live on?
(a) Does laundry.
(b) Sells her own possessions.
(c) Hires Koly out as a servant.
(d) Sells the widow's sari she had given to Koly.
4. Why does Koly's father sometimes refuse payment for his work?
(a) He believes it is his obligation to help the community.
(b) He is being blackmailed into it.
(c) His clients are very poor.
(d) He is passionate about his work.
5. How do Chandra and Koly interact in Chapter 4 after Hari's passing?
(a) Chandra resents Koly's presence in the home.
(b) They are good friends and close.
(c) Koly resents Chandra's laziness.
(d) The two don't speak anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sass give Koly to help her work on Chandra's wedding quilt?
2. How does Sass respond when Koly offers to braid her hair?
3. What happens to the stray dog in Chapter 6?
4. Why is a doctor called on Hari's first night in Varanasi?
5. What is Koly's first impression of her new husband?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)