|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Koly sleep on her wedding night?
(a) With her sass.
(b) With Chandra.
(c) On the floor by Hari's bed.
(d) Alone in Hari's bed.
2. What finally gives Koly the courage to approach the man in the government office about her pension?
(a) She has money she made at the marketplace.
(b) She sees him playing with his son.
(c) She know he respects Sassur for his position at the school.
(d) She sees him casually dressed.
3. When does Koly work on the activity she undertakes to remember Hari and soothe her soul?
(a) Only late at night.
(b) Whenever Sass leaves.
(c) When she goes to the river.
(d) Early in the morning.
4. What importance do the bandicoot and stray dog have for Koly in Chapter 6?
(a) She becomes a teacher as she trains them.
(b) She names then for Hari and Chandra.
(c) They represent the abundance of food.
(d) They are her only friends.
5. Where does Koly sleep on her first night in Vrindavan?
(a) On a doorstep.
(b) In a field.
(c) In a shelter for widows.
(d) In a barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Koly's concern about Chandra's new husband?
2. Why is a doctor called on Hari's first night in Varanasi?
3. What does Koly's father do for a living?
4. How does Sass respond when Koly offers to braid her hair?
5. How does Sass want Koly to help with Hari's breakfast her first morning after the wedding?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)