|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koly think of the cake at the traditional feast?
(a) There is too much and it is wasteful.
(b) It is too cheap to be served at a wedding.
(c) It is her favorite.
(d) There was no cake served.
2. How does Chandra feel about her marriage?
(a) She is very happy.
(b) She feels lonely.
(c) She is very sad.
(d) She is scared of her husband.
3. What is true of life at the Mehta's home once Chandra is married?
(a) There is now enough for everyone.
(b) There is twice as much work for Koly.
(c) Sass begins to open up to Koly.
(d) Sass is bitter and Sassur is depressed.
4. Why does the local healer come to see Hari the night before his trip?
(a) To ask a favor.
(b) To build his strength for the trip the next day.
(c) To accompany Hari on the trip the next day.
(d) To deliver herbs for Hari's pain.
5. Where does Koly find food and a bed in Vrindavan?
(a) At the home of the man who runs the government office.
(b) At the widow's home.
(c) At the rickshaw driver's aunt's home.
(d) In a room above the government office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rickshaw driver tell her about widows in Vrindavan?
2. Who is Maa Kamala?
3. Why do Koly's dreams of leaving Sass end in Chapter 7?
4. What does Koly want to do when she learns her parents have selected a husband for her?
5. Who sends a letter to Sass in Chapter 7?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)