|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What financial impact would Koly's return have on her family?
(a) It would help them because she would get a widow's fee.
(b) It would help them as the Mehta's would repay the dowry.
(c) It would be a burden as her parents would pay a dowry tax.
(d) It would be a burden as her brothers now have wives.
2. Who is Tanu?
(a) An elderly widow.
(b) Koly's roommate.
(c) The woman who sells marigold garlands.
(d) A worker at the government office.
3. Who sends a letter to Sass in Chapter 7?
(a) The government.
(b) A business man in Delhi.
(d) Her brother.
4. How does Koly feel as she watches Chandra leave with her new husband?
(a) Strangely tired.
(b) Determined to leave the Mehta's.
(c) As if there is hope for her, too.
(d) As if all her happiness is leaving.
5. What is Koly told about the husband her parents have chosen for her?
(a) That he is handsome and has good prospects.
(b) That he is handsome and kind.
(c) That he is from a good caste and has had schooling.
(d) That he is from a good caste and the family has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Koly visits the government office in Vrindavan during her first week in the city?
2. What does Sass give to Koly after Hari's death?
3. What does Chandra tell Koly about her dowry?
4. Where does Koly spend her first full week sleeping in Vrindavan?
5. Who does Koly stay with on her first night in Vrindavan?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)