|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of life at the Mehta's home once Chandra is married?
(a) There is now enough for everyone.
(b) There is twice as much work for Koly.
(c) Sass begins to open up to Koly.
(d) Sass is bitter and Sassur is depressed.
2. Why does Chandra think that her match will be a good husband?
(a) Because she will be a good wife.
(b) Because she said a prayer at the Ganges.
(c) Because his family owns so much land.
(d) Because he has a promising future as a teacher.
3. Where do Sassur and Chandra go on Koly's first day in their home?
(a) They both go to the market to work.
(b) They both go to the school.
(c) He goes to school and she goes to the river.
(d) He goes to sell the cow and she goes to buy medicine.
4. What does Chandra tell Koly about Hari's illness?
(a) That it is not as serious as it appears.
(b) That it was very sudden.
(c) That her other brother died of the same cause.
(d) That he is expected to die.
5. What is a Chula?
(a) A quilt of remembrance.
(b) A poem.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A small stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Koly do when Sass tells her to give Chandra the silver earrings for her wedding day?
2. What does the doctor recommend to Sass and Sassur in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Koly wait with at the train station on her second visit there?
4. Why is the spot where Koly sleeps on her first night in Vrindavan a good one, according to the person she stays with?
5. What gift does Koly give to Hari when she first goes to his room after hearing his bad cough?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)