|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chandra think that her match will be a good husband?
(a) Because he has a promising future as a teacher.
(b) Because she will be a good wife.
(c) Because she said a prayer at the Ganges.
(d) Because his family owns so much land.
2. What do Koly and her new family ride past on the train to Varanasi?
(a) A town near Koly's home town.
(b) A shrine filled with sick people.
(c) A bustling market place.
(d) A scribe who reminds Koly of her father.
3. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
(a) Rich boys from other towns.
(b) Koly's brothers.
(c) Koly and her brothers.
4. What is true about Chandra's intended husband?
(a) He is younger than Chandra.
(b) He is a master weaver.
(c) He has attended mission school.
(d) He had small pox as a child.
5. What significant event occurs at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sassur loses his teaching position.
(b) Sass receives an inheritance.
(c) It is announced that Chandra will marry.
(d) It is announced that Koly will be returned to her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Koly erupt in a coughing fit while Koly is sitting with him, after she gets permission from Sass to do so?
2. Who tells Koly of Hari's death?
3. Why does Sass take Chandra and Koly to town at the end of their first summer together?
4. What is Koly's role in Chandra's wedding ceremony?
5. Why does Koly get married?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)