|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Koly work on the activity she undertakes to remember Hari and soothe her soul?
(a) When she goes to the river.
(b) Whenever Sass leaves.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Only late at night.
2. What does Sass give Koly to help her work on Chandra's wedding quilt?
(a) A light so she can work at night.
(b) Scraps of material.
(c) Bright colored thread.
(d) A picture of Chandra and Hari as children.
3. What significant event occurs at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sass receives an inheritance.
(b) It is announced that Chandra will marry.
(c) It is announced that Koly will be returned to her parents.
(d) Sassur loses his teaching position.
4. What does Koly imagine doing as she daydreams in Chapter 4?
(a) Living with only Chandra.
(b) Returning to her parents' home.
(c) Having a good husband and a child.
(d) Selling her quilts to support herself.
5. Where does Koly's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) The bride's home.
(b) The groom's home.
(c) The sacred temple.
(d) The town center near the well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Koly's first reaction to seeing Varanasi?
2. What best describes the mood at the Mehta home right after Hari's death?
3. What does Chandra ask Koly to do before the family leaves for Varanasi?
4. How does Sassur help Koly after Hari's death?
5. Why does Koly begin to enjoy her clothes washing time at the river after Hari's death in Chapter 4?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)