|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scolds Hari for being playful in the river?
(a) His father.
(b) The healer.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mr. Lal.
2. What does Koly do when she wakes up at Hari's house the first morning after her wedding?
(b) Takes a walk around the yard.
(c) Helps Chandra milk the cow.
(d) Joins her new sass in the kitchen.
3. What does Koly's prospective father-in-law want before he takes her to meet his son?
(a) The dowry.
(b) To look at her teeth.
(c) The silver earrings.
(d) To ask questions to determine her character.
4. Why is Koly not allowed to help Chandra dress on her wedding day?
(a) Sass says only family is allowed in.
(b) Widows are considered bad luck.
(c) She spills the ceremonial wine.
(d) She never learned the family prayer.
5. How does the crowd react as Hari's dead body is carried past?
(a) They make a path.
(b) They seem not to notice.
(c) Women moan and men stomp the ground.
(d) They chant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sass and Koly do when they go to the village one week after Hari's death?
2. What is Koly's first reaction to seeing Varanasi?
3. Why does the local healer come to see Hari the night before his trip?
4. Why does Koly begin to enjoy her clothes washing time at the river after Hari's death in Chapter 4?
5. What significant event occurs at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)