|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hari tell Koly his parents are planning to take him?
(a) To a famous healer.
(b) The Ganges River.
(d) His grandfather's town.
2. How does Koly's mother make money?
(a) She teaches.
(b) She makes and sells saris.
(c) She is a wash woman.
(d) She is a medicine woman.
3. What best describes the mood at the Mehta home right after Hari's death?
(a) Purposeful with preparations for the final spiritual meal.
(b) Busy from visiting mourners.
(c) Painful and loud with angry voices.
(d) Quiet and tense.
4. How is Koly introduced to the people who host Hari's family in Varanasi?
(a) They do not mention her at all.
(b) She is introduced as Hari's wife.
(c) She is introduced as Hari's sister.
(d) She is introduced as a servant.
5. Why does Koly begin to enjoy her clothes washing time at the river after Hari's death in Chapter 4?
(a) She finds time to work on her special project.
(b) She meets a friend.
(c) She learns to read.
(d) She finds time to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Koly erupt in a coughing fit while Koly is sitting with him, after she gets permission from Sass to do so?
2. What do Koly and her new family ride past on the train to Varanasi?
3. Who meets Hari and his family in Varanasi?
4. Why do Sass and Sassur argue after the doctor's visit in Chapter 2?
5. What does Koly do when she wakes up at Hari's house the first morning after her wedding?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)