|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hari taken to the river?
(a) He is carried in a rickshaw.
(b) He walks with the help of his parents.
(c) He is carried by his father and Mr. Lal.
(d) He is carried on a cot.
2. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
(a) Koly's brothers.
(b) Koly and her brothers.
(c) Rich boys from other towns.
3. Where are Hari's ashes scattered?
(a) In a sacred spot next to the Ganges.
(b) Over the Ganges.
(c) They are not scattered, they are put into an urn.
(d) At his home.
4. Where does Hari tell Koly his parents are planning to take him?
(b) His grandfather's town.
(c) To a famous healer.
(d) The Ganges River.
5. Why does the local healer come to see Hari the night before his trip?
(a) To build his strength for the trip the next day.
(b) To ask a favor.
(c) To accompany Hari on the trip the next day.
(d) To deliver herbs for Hari's pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remedy does Koly give Hari for his cough during their first meeting after being married?
2. How does the crowd react as Hari's dead body is carried past?
3. What does Koly see being placed in the baggage car of the train before they embark on their trip to Varanasi?
4. What does Sass give to Koly after Hari's death?
5. What is Koly's first impression of her new husband?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)