|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koly think of the cake at the traditional feast?
(a) It is her favorite.
(b) There is too much and it is wasteful.
(c) There was no cake served.
(d) It is too cheap to be served at a wedding.
2. What is Koly's first reaction to seeing Varanasi?
(a) She is amazed by the shrines and temples.
(b) She is disgusted by the filth.
(c) She is afraid and homesick.
(d) She feels cramped by the busy city.
3. Where are Hari's ashes scattered?
(a) They are not scattered, they are put into an urn.
(b) At his home.
(c) In a sacred spot next to the Ganges.
(d) Over the Ganges.
4. What gift does Koly give to Hari when she first goes to his room after hearing his bad cough?
(a) Flowers from the Mango tree.
(b) A groom's sash she has embroidered.
(c) Fruit from the Mango tree.
(d) A lovely leaf.
5. Why is a doctor called on Hari's first night in Varanasi?
(a) To administer medicine to make him strong.
(b) He has developed a rash.
(c) He has a coughing attack.
(d) To get a second opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Koly's mother make money?
2. How does Koly travel to meet her groom?
3. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
4. How is Hari's body prepared for its final trip to the Ganges after his death?
5. Who scolds Hari for being playful in the river?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)