|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say is wrong with Hari?
(d) He says he doesn't know.
2. What does Sass give to Koly after Hari's death?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A white cotton sari.
(d) A black cotton sari.
3. What instructions does Sass give Koly before going into town to get her son's medicine?
(a) She says that Koly should stay away from Hari.
(b) She says that Koly should pray for Hari's health.
(c) She says that Koly should take the laundry to the river.
(d) She says that Koly should attend to Hari.
4. Who meets Hari and his family in Varanasi?
(a) Mr. Lal and his wife.
(b) The famous healer.
(c) The Patal family.
(d) Mr. Mehta and his wife.
5. How is Hari taken to the river?
(a) He is carried by his father and Mr. Lal.
(b) He is carried in a rickshaw.
(c) He walks with the help of his parents.
(d) He is carried on a cot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Koly give to Hari when she first goes to his room after hearing his bad cough?
2. Where does Koly sleep on her wedding night?
3. How does the crowd react as Hari's dead body is carried past?
4. Why does Koly's father sometimes refuse payment for his work?
5. What strange request does the groom's family make regarding Koly's wedding?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)