|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Koly give to Hari when she first goes to his room after hearing his bad cough?
(a) A lovely leaf.
(b) Fruit from the Mango tree.
(c) Flowers from the Mango tree.
(d) A groom's sash she has embroidered.
2. What does Koly do when she wakes up at Hari's house the first morning after her wedding?
(a) Takes a walk around the yard.
(b) Helps Chandra milk the cow.
(c) Joins her new sass in the kitchen.
3. What strange request does the groom's family make regarding Koly's wedding?
(a) That Koly's family stay for an entire week.
(b) That the wedding take place at the groom's house.
(c) That no one from outside the region is invited.
(d) That the wedding take place before the next full moon.
4. What does Chandra tell Koly about her dowry?
(a) The dowry will pay for a famous healer.
(b) The dowry was less than the family expected.
(c) The dowry will pay to bring Hari to healing waters.
(d) The dowry was more than the family expected.
5. What does Chandra tell Koly about Hari's illness?
(a) That he is expected to die.
(b) That it was very sudden.
(c) That it is not as serious as it appears.
(d) That her other brother died of the same cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sass finally allows Koly to go sit with Hari, what do they do?
2. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
3. What remedy does Koly give Hari for his cough during their first meeting after being married?
4. What is Koly told about the husband her parents have chosen for her?
5. How does Koly's mother make money?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)