|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Koly's mother make money?
(a) She is a medicine woman.
(b) She teaches.
(c) She is a wash woman.
(d) She makes and sells saris.
2. What remedy does Koly give Hari for his cough during their first meeting after being married?
(a) Honey and ginger root.
(b) Warm water with mango juice.
(c) Tea from the Mango leaves.
(d) Tea with a special herb from her home.
3. Why does Koly's father sometimes refuse payment for his work?
(a) He is being blackmailed into it.
(b) His clients are very poor.
(c) He is passionate about his work.
(d) He believes it is his obligation to help the community.
4. What instructions does Sass give Koly before going into town to get her son's medicine?
(a) She says that Koly should take the laundry to the river.
(b) She says that Koly should attend to Hari.
(c) She says that Koly should stay away from Hari.
(d) She says that Koly should pray for Hari's health.
5. What does the doctor say is wrong with Hari?
(c) He says he doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Koly travel to meet her groom?
2. Where does Koly's wedding ceremony take place?
3. Who accompanies Koly to her prospective husband's home?
4. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
5. After Koly hears Hari arguing with his parents on her first day in their home, what does Sass tell her that Hari wants?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)