|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor recommend to Sass and Sassur in Chapter 2?
(a) That they do not take Hari on the long trip they have planned.
(b) That they let Koly accompany Hari on the trip.
(c) That they take Hari to the famous healer.
(d) That they take Hari to the healing waters.
2. What does Koly do when she wakes up at Hari's house the first morning after her wedding?
(b) Joins her new sass in the kitchen.
(c) Helps Chandra milk the cow.
(d) Takes a walk around the yard.
3. What does Koly's father give her before leaving her at her new home?
(a) His mother's sari.
(b) A letter.
(c) A slice of coconut cake.
(d) The family quilt.
4. When Sass finally allows Koly to go sit with Hari, what do they do?
(a) Look at the items that he collects.
(b) Argue about the trip the next day.
(c) Koly tells him stories of her home.
(d) Talk about school.
5. What does Koly's father do for a living?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He owns an embroidery shop.
(c) He runs a school for boys.
(d) He is a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chandra tell Koly about her dowry?
2. Where does Koly's wedding ceremony take place?
3. What is Koly told about the husband her parents have chosen for her?
4. What does Hari collect?
5. After Koly hears Hari arguing with his parents on her first day in their home, what does Sass tell her that Hari wants?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)