|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sass and Sassur argue after the doctor's visit in Chapter 2?
(a) They disagree on plans to take Hari on the trip.
(b) They disagree on plans to take Chandra on the trip.
(c) Sass wants Koly to go on the trip and Sassur does not.
(d) Sassur wants Koly to go on the trip and Sass does not.
2. What does Koly's prospective father-in-law want before he takes her to meet his son?
(a) The dowry.
(b) The silver earrings.
(c) To ask questions to determine her character.
(d) To look at her teeth.
3. What does Koly's father give her before leaving her at her new home?
(a) His mother's sari.
(b) A slice of coconut cake.
(c) A letter.
(d) The family quilt.
4. What does Koly think of the cake at the traditional feast?
(a) It is her favorite.
(b) There was no cake served.
(c) There is too much and it is wasteful.
(d) It is too cheap to be served at a wedding.
5. What is Koly's first impression of her new husband?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is too young and sickly.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is much older than her parents were told.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sass returns from getting Hari's medicine, how does she react when she discovers Koly in Hari's room and learns she has given him a remedy?
2. Why does Koly's father tear up on the day of her wedding?
3. What strange request does the groom's family make regarding Koly's wedding?
4. Where does Hari tell Koly his parents are planning to take him?
5. What instructions does Sass give Koly before going into town to get her son's medicine?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)