|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Koly sleep on her wedding night?
(a) On the floor by Hari's bed.
(b) With Chandra.
(c) With her sass.
(d) Alone in Hari's bed.
2. Where does Koly spend her first full week sleeping in Vrindavan?
(a) At the train station.
(b) On the same spot she spent her first night.
(c) Behind the farmer's barn on his haystack.
(d) At the temple.
3. Why does Koly have a hard time sleeping her first night in Vrindavan?
(a) The traffic and drunks are very loud.
(b) She is making a plan for the next day.
(c) It rains very hard and she is wet.
(d) She is worried about money and her situation.
4. Why does Koly return to the train station after spending a week in Vrindavan?
(a) To look for Sass.
(b) To start work.
(c) To bring a package to a government official.
(d) To buy a ticket.
5. What is true of Sassur after Chandra leaves to get married?
(a) He gets the same illness that Hari had.
(b) He starts to stand up to Sass.
(c) He is depressed and hates his job.
(d) He starts to enjoy his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the stray dog in Chapter 6?
2. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
3. What does Koly learn about her widow's pension when she goes to the government office in Chapter 6?
4. Why is it so important to Koly to hold on to her silver earrings?
5. What item disappears from Mr. Das's place when the Shrew is working on it?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)