|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sass take Chandra and Koly to town at the end of their first summer together?
(a) To celebrate Krishna's birthday.
(b) To celebrate Chandra's birthday.
(c) To meet a matchmaker.
(d) To attend a special women's ceremony.
2. Who is Maa Kamala?
(a) The rickshaw driver's aunt.
(b) The woman who sells marigold garlands.
(c) The woman who runs a widow's home.
(d) Koly's roommate.
3. What significant event occurs at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sass receives an inheritance.
(b) It is announced that Koly will be returned to her parents.
(c) Sassur loses his teaching position.
(d) It is announced that Chandra will marry.
4. Why does Koly begin to enjoy her clothes washing time at the river after Hari's death in Chapter 4?
(a) She finds time to work on her special project.
(b) She finds time to read.
(c) She learns to read.
(d) She meets a friend.
5. What do Tanu and Koly think of bangle making?
(a) Tanu likes it and Koly finds it boring.
(b) Koly likes it and Tanu finds it boring.
(c) Both girls find it painful.
(d) Both girls love the challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Koly undertake to remember Hari and to soothe her soul?
2. What does Koly want to do when she learns her parents have selected a husband for her?
3. How does the crowd react as Hari's dead body is carried past?
4. What does Koly see after Hari's cremation that makes her think of him?
5. What do Koly and Tanu do for work on Koly's first morning at Maa Kamala's?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)