|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally gives Koly the courage to approach the man in the government office about her pension?
(a) She know he respects Sassur for his position at the school.
(b) She has money she made at the marketplace.
(c) She sees him casually dressed.
(d) She sees him playing with his son.
2. How does Koly feel at Maa Kamala's home?
3. Who escorts Hari's body to be cremated?
(a) His parents and his wife.
(b) The Lals and the Mehtas.
(c) The men.
(d) His parents.
4. Why does Raji tell Koly he is living in the city?
(a) To save money for seeds.
(b) To make money to send to his wife.
(c) To help his mother.
(d) To start a factory with his uncle.
5. What is a Chula?
(a) A poem.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A small stove.
(d) A quilt of remembrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sassur tell Koly immediately after she learns of Hari's death?
2. Who gives Tanu and Koly the beads to make into bangles?
3. Why does Maa Kamala keep half of Koly's pay?
4. How is Hari taken to the river?
5. What importance do the bandicoot and stray dog have for Koly in Chapter 6?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)