|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koly say she hopes will happen if she works very hard after Chandra leaves to get married?
(a) That the Mehta's house will start to feel like a home.
(b) That Sassur will let her work at the school.
(c) That Sass will start to love her a little.
(d) That Sassur will consider finding her a different husband.
2. What is true of Sassur after Chandra leaves to get married?
(a) He gets the same illness that Hari had.
(b) He starts to enjoy his work.
(c) He is depressed and hates his job.
(d) He starts to stand up to Sass.
3. What do Koly and her new family ride past on the train to Varanasi?
(a) A bustling market place.
(b) A town near Koly's home town.
(c) A shrine filled with sick people.
(d) A scribe who reminds Koly of her father.
4. Who escorts Hari's body to be cremated?
(a) His parents.
(b) His parents and his wife.
(c) The Lals and the Mehtas.
(d) The men.
5. How is Hari taken to the river?
(a) He is carried in a rickshaw.
(b) He walks with the help of his parents.
(c) He is carried on a cot.
(d) He is carried by his father and Mr. Lal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the stray dog in Chapter 6?
2. What does Chandra ask Koly to do before the family leaves for Varanasi?
3. Why does Maa Kamala keep half of Koly's pay?
4. What best describes Koly's bandicoot?
5. What does the benefactor of the widow's home comment on when she is given a tour by Tanu and Koly?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)