|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koly learn about her widow's pension when she goes to the government office in Chapter 6?
(a) It will end if she marries again.
(b) She can only receive it by mail.
(c) It doubled when Chandra left home.
(d) It will end if she leaves the Mehta's home.
2. Who is Raji?
(a) The marigold garland vendor.
(b) Maa Kamala's son.
(c) The jewelry vendor.
(d) The rickshaw driver.
3. Who tells Koly of Hari's death?
(b) Mrs. Lal.
4. What finally gives Koly the courage to approach the man in the government office about her pension?
(a) She sees him casually dressed.
(b) She know he respects Sassur for his position at the school.
(c) She has money she made at the marketplace.
(d) She sees him playing with his son.
5. What is a Chula?
(a) A quilt of remembrance.
(b) A poem.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A small stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Koly go when she sneaks away from Maa Kamala's to meet Raji?
2. What do Koly and her new family ride past on the train to Varanasi?
3. How does Koly feel at Maa Kamala's home?
4. What is true of Sassur's job in Chapter 6?
5. What are some of the things that Koly does after Chandra leaves to try and please Sass?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)