1. Why does Koly get married?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her family needs money.
(c) She is in love.
(d) Her family mistreats her and she wants to leave.
2. What does Koly's father do for a living?
(a) He owns an embroidery shop.
(b) He runs a school for boys.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a scribe.
3. Why does Koly's father sometimes refuse payment for his work?
(a) He is being blackmailed into it.
(b) He believes it is his obligation to help the community.
(c) He is passionate about his work.
(d) His clients are very poor.
4. How does Koly's mother make money?
(a) She teaches.
(b) She is a medicine woman.
(c) She makes and sells saris.
(d) She is a wash woman.
5. Who attends the school in Koly's town?
(b) Koly and her brothers.
(c) Rich boys from other towns.
(d) Koly's brothers.
6. What do Koly and her mother prepare for Koly's wedding?
(a) Linen table coverings.
(b) A special sari for her new sass.
(c) A quilt and a sari.
(d) Traditional dumplings.
This section contains 6,126 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)