|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are James's parents?
(a) James and Effia.
(b) Cobbe Otcher and Baaba.
(c) Quey and Nana Yaa.
(d) Cobbe Otcher and Maame.
2. What does Baaba ask Effia to hide from everyone else?
(a) Her illness.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her period.
(d) Her identity.
3. Where has Ness NOT been a slave?
4. Why are James and his parents going to the funeral of Osei Bonsu?
(a) He was their friend.
(b) He was Nana Yaa's father.
(c) He was Quey's brother.
(d) He was their son.
5. Why do Ness and Sam marry?
(a) They have no family.
(b) They are forced by the Devil.
(c) They are compelled by love.
(d) They are in need of protection.
6. To what social movement does Mr. Mathison belong?
(b) Civil Rights.
7. What kind of Mother is Effia to Quey?
(a) Kind and gentle.
(b) Absent and neglectful.
(c) Angry and abusive.
(d) Harsh and critical.
8. What secret does Effia discover on her wedding night?
(a) Ghosts inhabiting the Cape Coast Castle.
(b) No one can leave the Cape Coast Castle.
(c) James is not allowed in the Cape Coast Castle.
(d) Humans kept captive under the Cape Coast Castle.
9. Why does Esi spit in Fiifi's face?
(a) He almost makes her drop the black stone.
(b) He spits on her first.
(c) He is attempting to rape her.
(d) He has spoken to her disrespectfully.
10. What is James's nickname?
11. Who is Quey's father?
(a) Cobbe Otcher.
(d) James Collins.
12. Where is Thomas Allan Stockham's plantation?
13. Which of the following is the most common reason a person could end up a slave?
(a) Being captured by Fiifi and Cudjo.
(b) Being captured by warring tribal enemies.
(c) Being sold for debt.
(d) Being sold by their families.
14. Esi is from what African tribe?
(a) None, she is British.
15. Who is Effia's real mother?
(a) A village girl.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A British slave.
(d) A house girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new crop does Ohene Nyarko use to bring prosperity back to the village.
2. What national law is passed the day of Timmy and Agnes's wedding?
3. Why does Nana Yaa dislike James's full name?
4. What is Abeeku's nickname for Effia?
5. What is the name of the witch doctor James sees to treat his impotence?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)