|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: "Marcus" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sonny asks Amani what kind of name she has, what is her response?
2. Whom does Fiifi capture and keep?
(a) Cobbe Otcher.
(b) Effia Collins.
(c) Nana Yaa.
(d) Abeeku Badu.
3. Who is Quey's mother?
4. Why does Ness continue to work in the fields?
(a) Ness chooses field work.
(b) Margaret hates her.
(c) Her scars are too grotesque and visible.
(d) Susan Stockham forbids her to work in the house.
5. Why does Yaw not want to go to America to further his ideas for freedom of the Asante?
(a) He fears he is too old and that he will not be able to make the journey.
(b) He does not speak the language and he is afraid to learn.
(c) He says it is better to start at home with ancestral lessons.
(d) He cannot afford to move and has no prospects for employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has a marriage between James and Amma Atta been arranged?
2. What national law is passed the day of Timmy and Agnes's wedding?
3. What is the daily coal quota each man must meet?
4. How do the mine bosses replace the striking miners?
5. What kind of Mother is Effia to Quey?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)