|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six: "Kojo" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esi attempt to befriend Abronoma?
(a) She tells Abronoma stories.
(b) She cleans for Abronoma.
(c) She sends a message to Abronoma's father.
(d) She sends a message to Abronoma's fiance.
2. Why does Fiifi want Quey to marry Nana Yaa?
(a) To ensure that Quey will have an inheritance.
(b) To create a peace between the Asantes and the Fantes.
(c) To make the British angry.
(d) To gain the respect of all the tribes.
3. Why does Ness continue to work in the fields?
(a) Ness chooses field work.
(b) Her scars are too grotesque and visible.
(c) Margaret hates her.
(d) Susan Stockham forbids her to work in the house.
4. What are the first English words that Sam speaks?
(a) Please and thank you.
(b) I'm sorry.
(c) I do.
(d) I love you.
5. How does Esi split her life into two halves?
(a) Before the Castle and Now.
(b) Time with Big Man and Time with Maame.
(c) Before her birthday and after.
(d) Before her marriage and Now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most likely reason that Pinky and Ness connect so closely?
2. Who are James's parents?
3. What happens to Esi's stone?
4. What is Esi's nickname after her capture into slavery?
5. Where does Kojo Freeman live?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)