|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: "James" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quey's Uncle Fiifi always call him?
(a) My child.
(b) White boy.
(c) Poor boy.
(d) My son.
2. What is Ness's name short for?
3. Where does Esi spend her fifteenth birthday?
(a) At a quiet dinner on Big Man's Compound.
(b) The slave dungeon of the Cape Coast Castle.
(c) At a large party with her family and friends.
(d) Working on a plantation with other slaves.
4. How does Ness protect Kojo?
(a) She leaves the boy on the plantation to be raised by Susann Stockham.
(b) She sends the boy to live with his grandma.
(c) She kills the boy herself.
(d) She tells the Devil the boy is dead.
5. How is "all time equal" (30) in the dungeons?
(a) There are no windows and no light.
(b) The slaves cannot tell time, so it does not matter.
(c) The slaves pass their time in joy and song.
(d) The lights are kept on constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catastrophe occurs the night Effia is born?
2. What does Adwoa convince Effia to put under the bed to enhance fertility?
3. Why do Ness and Sam marry?
4. What is the name of the witch doctor James sees to treat his impotence?
5. Why does Fiifi want Quey to marry Nana Yaa?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)