|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: "Ness" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James Collins treat the female slaves?
(a) He feeds them well.
(b) He molests them.
(c) He makes fun of them.
(d) He is kind to them.
2. Which of the following is the most common reason a person could end up a slave?
(a) Being captured by warring tribal enemies.
(b) Being sold by their families.
(c) Being captured by Fiifi and Cudjo.
(d) Being sold for debt.
3. What is Aku's nickname?
(a) Hand of Hope.
(b) Fate of People.
(c) Fate of Akan.
(d) Hand of God.
4. Why does Abeeku give up on marrying Effia?
(a) She tells him she does not love him.
(b) She makes him angry.
(c) He thinks she is cursed.
(d) He no longer loves her.
5. What does Baaba ask Effia to hide from everyone else?
(a) Her illness.
(b) Her period.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ness's name short for?
2. Why does Big Man beat Abronoma?
3. What happens to Esi's stone?
4. On what holiday do Ness and Aku meet?
5. How many miles must they walk to get to church?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)