|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: "Ness" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quey chosen to come work in the Fante village?
(a) Because of his parents' relationship with the village and the slave trade.
(b) Because he is personal friends with Abeeku Badu.
(c) Because he is the son of a chief.
(d) Because he is destined to marry a girl there.
2. Why does Quey agree to give up on Cudjo and marry Nana Yaa?
(a) He marries for protection.
(b) The tribal chiefs had arranged the marriage.
(c) He loves Nana Yaa.
(d) He wants to please his parents.
3. In what way is Mr. Stockham a benevolent master?
(a) He allows them to earn their free papers.
(b) He allows them a five-minute water break.
(c) He allows them to read.
(d) He allows them to choose their work.
4. How does Quey impress Cudjo?
(a) He shares his toys with the boy.
(b) He beats the boy in a wrestling match.
(c) He speaks to the boy in English.
(d) He shows the boy the arsenal of the Castle.
5. Why had Quey been a lonely child?
(a) His mother would not allow him to play with anyone.
(b) He did not fit in with the British or the tribal children.
(c) He was sent to school in England.
(d) He was too shy to make friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aku's nickname?
2. Who is Effia's real mother?
3. How does Big Man get his name?
4. After working in the slave trade, how does Quey view his father?
5. What causes Maame to slap Esi and yell at her?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)