|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: "Yaw" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ness's name short for?
2. Why does Yaw consent to teaching the boys in English?
(a) It is time to teach the boys the language of commerce.
(b) Yaw believes English is beautiful.
(c) There are too many dialects to try to teach in them all.
(d) Yaw's school is paid for by the British Colony.
3. What is Esi's nickname after her capture into slavery?
4. What is James's nickname?
5. Why does Ness continue to work in the fields?
(a) Ness chooses field work.
(b) Her scars are too grotesque and visible.
(c) Susan Stockham forbids her to work in the house.
(d) Margaret hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday do Ness and Aku meet?
2. What is the most likely reason that Pinky and Ness connect so closely?
3. Why does Aku introduce herself to Ness?
4. Who are Abena's parents?
5. Why does Abena feel so rejected?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)