|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: "Yaw" .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ness protect Kojo?
(a) She tells the Devil the boy is dead.
(b) She kills the boy herself.
(c) She sends the boy to live with his grandma.
(d) She leaves the boy on the plantation to be raised by Susann Stockham.
2. What draws Yaw to Esther?
(a) She is a good cook.
(b) She is educated.
(c) She is everything he is not.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. Why does Yaw consent to teaching the boys in English?
(a) There are too many dialects to try to teach in them all.
(b) It is time to teach the boys the language of commerce.
(c) Yaw believes English is beautiful.
(d) Yaw's school is paid for by the British Colony.
4. What are the first English words that Sam speaks?
(a) I love you.
(b) I do.
(c) Please and thank you.
(d) I'm sorry.
5. Who is Ness's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James's nickname?
2. Where has Ness NOT been a slave?
3. What is the most likely reason that Pinky and Ness connect so closely?
4. What does the Devil do when he finds Sam and Ness?
5. Why does Ness continue to work in the fields?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)