|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teddy react when he's ask to contribute money for Ruth's expenses?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He says nothing and turns away.
(c) He opens his wallet immediately.
(d) He agrees reluctantly.
2. As Teddy prepares to leave the house, what does Ruth say about the offer the family has made to her?
(a) Max's idea is attractive and she will consider it.
(b) She's not sure about the kind of work she will be expected to do.
(c) Teddy should stay as well.
(d) Joey should win a few matches first.
3. What does Joey say about the fact that he's been in bed with Ruth after he comes downstairs?
(a) They hadn't gone "all the way."
(b) Ruth no longer cares about Teddy.
(c) Teddy should be jealous.
(d) Ruth is a good lover.
4. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
(a) He strokes Ruth's hair.
(b) He helps her open the window.
(c) He brings her a sandwich.
(d) He gives her a gift.
5. When Teddy suggests one last time that Ruth come home with him, what does Lenny say?
(a) He offers her a flat.
(b) He accuses her of not caring for the family.
(c) He says she is not well enough to travel.
(d) He tells her Teddy doesn't really love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the midst of the discussion about whether Ruth will stay or go, what announcement does Sam rush forward with?
2. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
3. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
4. How does Ruth respond to what Teddy tells her about the family's plans for her?
5. How is Joey related to Sam?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)