|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
(b) Ruth laughs.
(c) Ruth apologizes.
(d) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
2. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He hates women.
(b) He's never met the right woman.
(c) He can't afford to get married.
(d) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
3. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
(a) He shows her his watch.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He helps her light the fire.
(d) He lies on top of Ruth.
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He needs to open a package.
(b) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(c) He wants to trim his hair.
(d) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
5. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some family heirlooms
(b) Something to eat and drink
(c) Some old photographs
(d) Somewhere to change her clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
2. As Teddy leaves the house to go home, which character will not shake hands with him?
3. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
4. When Max hits Joey in the stomach because Joey doesn't obey him, who moves to help Joey?
5. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)