|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
2. What happens to Sam after he delivers his startling announcement to the family in the final scene?
(a) Teddy punches him.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He goes upstairs.
3. Why is it suggested that Ruth only work four hours a night as a prostitute?
(a) Because that will bring plenty of money
(b) To leave her enegy to care of all the men at home
(c) Because they love her
(d) Because she isn't well
4. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
(a) Max asks Ruth if she is a mother.
(b) Max asks Ruth to get him an ice bag.
(c) Max asks Ruth if she plans to leave soon.
(d) Max asks Ruth why she got involved with Teddy.
5. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
(a) They light a fire in the fireplace.
(b) They slow dance and kiss.
(c) They look at photos together.
(d) They go into the kitchen together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
2. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
3. Who does Sam say was a hard worker and a fast learner?
4. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)