|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(b) Outside on the front porch
(c) Into the kitchen
(d) Outside for a walk
2. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
(b) Everyone is still.
(c) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(d) Everyone leaves the room.
3. What does Max ask Ruth to do at the end of the play?
(a) Go back to Teddy
(b) Kiss him
(c) Help Sam
(d) Cook supper
4. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
(b) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
(c) Teddy says he was born in the house.
(d) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
5. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(b) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(c) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruth respond to what Teddy tells her about the family's plans for her?
2. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
3. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
4. After the conversation with Ruth in which he asks her to go home with him, what does Teddy do?
5. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)