|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Lenny gets married
(b) When Max sells the property
(c) When Max renovates the house
(d) When Sam retires
2. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He asks where the newspaper is.
(b) He wonders if there is any food.
(c) He asks if his brother is home.
(d) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
3. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
(b) New York
4. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
(a) A baseball bat
(b) His cane
(c) A lamp
(d) His umbrella
5. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(b) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(c) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(d) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
2. Where did Sam get some cigars?
3. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
4. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
5. Who was Jessie?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)