|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) She can cook for them.
(b) Max will tell her the family's history.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) There will be a big party.
2. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Dating a girl
(b) Finding a new job
(c) Betting on a horse
(d) Buying a used car
3. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
4. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He works harder than anyone else.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He doesn't take liberties.
(d) He doesn't make mistakes.
5. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was a charming woman.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was always tired.
(d) He says she was beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
2. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
4. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
5. Who was Jessie?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)