|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his uncle
(b) His father and his brother
(c) His mother and his father
(d) His two brothers
2. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Max renovates the house
(b) When Sam retires
(c) When Lenny gets married
(d) When Max sells the property
3. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) Max will tell her the family's history.
(b) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(c) She can cook for them.
(d) There will be a big party.
4. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
(a) Sam says that Max would be lonesome.
(b) Sam says that Max is selfish.
(c) Sam says that he owns part of the house.
(d) Sam says that there will be no one to cook the meals.
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
2. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
3. What does Sam brag about?
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
5. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)