|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He wonders if there is any food.
(b) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
(c) He asks if his brother is home.
(d) He asks where the newspaper is.
2. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been out for a walk.
(b) He has been applying for a job.
(c) He has been working out.
(d) He has been driving his cab.
3. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a tobacco store
(b) From a friend
(c) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(d) From an American fare
4. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(b) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(c) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
5. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(b) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(c) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
(d) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
2. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
3. What is Sam's job?
4. How does Sam describe Jessie?
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)