|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
2. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His mother and his father
(b) His two brothers
(c) His father and his uncle
(d) His father and his brother
3. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was beautiful.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was always tired.
(d) He says she was a charming woman.
4. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
(b) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(c) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
(d) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
3. How is Joey related to Max?
4. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
5. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)