Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was a charming woman.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was always tired.
(d) He says she was beautiful.
2. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He talks about taking a new trip.
(b) He tells her about his childhood.
(c) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(d) He reminds her about her sons.
3. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
(a) the setting of the sun and the emergence of the stars
(b) The love of a boy for his horse
(c) The relationship between the movement of her leg and the movement of her underwear
(d) The seeds in a pod and the growth of a tree
4. When Ruth comes downstairs after the men have been discussing her future, what does Teddy tell her about the family discussion they've been having?
(a) They are surprised that she doesn't like them.
(b) They want to ask her to help support the family.
(c) They want to tell her about Jessie.
(d) The family has invited her to stay.
5. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(c) Tell her a secret.
(d) Wake everyone up.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
2. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
3. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
4. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
5. What does Teddy take upstairs?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)