|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jake enlist in the military?
2. Who sometimes lends Jake money since he refuses to borrow from the person he lives with?
(c) The lovely brown woman.
3. What type of music does a white man play at the buffet flat in Chapter 8?
(b) Rock 'n' roll.
(c) Traditional African music.
4. On what instrument does one white man play music at the buffet flat in Chapter 8?
5. On what night of the week does Jake go to Susy's in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zeddy move in with in Chapter 7?
2. Who does the judge wish he could have whipped in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Miss Curdy first attracted to at Susy's place?
4. How does Jake spend his free time in Chapter 5?
5. What is Jake's favorite cabaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeddy announce when he returns to Harlem? What does he say about Susy?
2. What does Miss Curdy think of Jake? How does he react?
3. What role does Zeddy play at Susy's parties? How do his friends react to this?
4. How does the relationship between Zeddy and Susy end?
5. How does Jake feel about Rose having an affair with a white man?
6. Who is Rose? How does she meet Jake?
7. Explain Jake's job on the railroad.
8. What job does Zeddy get Jake? What does Jake find out about this job?
9. What are the three cabarets mentioned in Chapter 4? What is said about them?
10. Describe Ginhead Susy. What is her relationship status?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)