|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is egged on to fight with Yaller in Chapter 19?
2. Who is Ray's landlady in Chapter 17?
(a) Ma Lawton.
(b) She is not named.
(c) Madame Laura.
(d) Aunt Hattie.
3. What personality trait is the chef known for having?
4. What drink is served to Jake at the party in Chapter 13?
5. At what time does Jake return to his quarters after going to the show?
(a) After midnight.
(b) Just before sunrise.
(c) Three in the morning.
6. Where does Jake arrange to take Ray at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) New York City.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The train station.
(d) Eatonville, Florida.
7. Where does Chapter 13 take place?
8. What is the waiter's name?
9. Why does the policeman not shut down the speakeasy when he raids it?
(a) He is off-duty.
(b) He is friends with the owner.
(c) He doesn't have any back up.
(d) He owns it.
10. What job does Ray sign up to do at the end of Chapter 18?
(b) Public school teacher.
(c) Cabin boy.
(d) College professor.
11. What season is it at the beginning of Chapter 19?
12. What does the pantryman take from the chef when he's not looking?
(c) A hambone.
(d) A small turkey.
13. What does Jake like about American suits?
(a) The pockets.
(b) The lapels.
(c) The material.
(d) The pleating.
14. Who does Ray's landlady give her room to?
(a) Jerco and Rosalind.
(b) Zeddy and Miss Curdy.
(c) Jake and Rose.
(d) The lovely brown woman.
15. Where do Jake and Ray decide to go when Ray can't sleep?
(a) An all-night bar.
(b) The Cotton Club.
(c) A pool hall.
(d) For a walk along the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Ray points out that part of the problem is the false ideals of _____.
2. When is Ms. Rosalind Whicher always seen wearing a particular item?
3. What is Yaller Prince's job?
4. Who prides himself on being mean in Chapter 12?
5. What does Billy think Yaller should have had on him in Chapter 19?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)