|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two benefits does the new building have for Jake?
(a) It's cheap and has steam heat.
(b) It has steam heat and is near the railroad.
(c) It's cheap and is near the railroad.
(d) It is near the railroad and the landlady is a young, single woman.
2. What is the implied role of Jerco in Ms. Rosalind's life?
3. At what age did Susy's husband leave her?
4. What does Ray dream he is after his night out with Jake?
(a) A train.
(b) A tiger.
(c) The lovely brown woman.
(d) A hummingbird.
5. Where does Jake discover he will work while in France?
(a) On the front lines.
(b) The mess tent.
(c) Driving soldier in jeeps.
(d) The supply depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jake and Zeddy go to eat after leaving the saloon?
2. How much does Jake agree to pay for companionship in Chapter 2?
3. What does the pantryman take from the chef when he's not looking?
4. What organization do the white men at the buffet flat belong to?
5. Who does Jake live with in Chapter 5?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)