|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIII and XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake get a job after meeting the English soldier?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a farm.
(c) On a dock.
(d) At a construction site.
2. What does Jake learn about his new job in Chapter 5?
(a) He will not be paid until he's been working six months.
(b) He was hired as a scab.
(c) He can keep the fruit that's bruised or over-ripe.
(d) The lovely brown woman also works there.
3. Whose buffet flat is Jake invited to in Chapter 8?
(a) Madame Adeline Suarez's.
(c) Aunt Hattie's.
(d) Miss Curdy's.
4. Who gets Jake another job in Chapter 5?
(c) The lovely brown woman.
5. Why is Jake restricted from drinking alcohol in Chapter 14?
(a) He promised Madame Laura he would stay sober.
(b) He was arrested for public drunkenness.
(c) He is sick.
(d) His landlady will not let him drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the policeman not shut down the speakeasy when he raids it?
2. Who does Jake live with in Chapter 5?
3. What is Billy Biasse's nickname?
4. What new job does Jake get in Chapter 5?
5. Who sometimes lends Jake money since he refuses to borrow from the person he lives with?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)