Chapter I and II
1. Who is the author of Home to Harlem?
(a) W. E. B. DuBois.
(b) Zora Neale Hurston.
(c) Jean Toomer.
(d) Claude McKay.
2. What was Jake's job before enlisting in the military?
(a) Construction worker.
(c) Dining car worker.
(d) Farm hand.
3. In what branch of the military did Jake serve?
(a) Air Force.
4. When did Jake enlist in the military?
5. What event led to Jake enlisting in the military?
(a) A judge told Jake he could serve in the military or go to jail.
(b) His brother was killed by a foreign soldier.
(c) He was promised freedom if he served for four years.
(d) War was declared against Germany.
6. Where in France does Jake go?
7. Where does Jake discover he will work while in France?
(a) Driving soldier in jeeps.
(b) The supply depot.
(c) The mess tent.
(d) On the front lines.
8. What often happens between the black and white American soldiers?
(a) Trying to get each other killed in battle.
(d) Practical jokes.
This section contains 3,601 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)