• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Shamsie, Kamila. Home Fire. Riverhead Books New York, 2017.
• This section begins from Isma’s point of view.
• Isma is at the interrogation room of the airport where she has been stopped from boarding her flight.
• The interrogation continues for two hours, and the officer records her answers and searches through her luggage and laptop.
• When the interrogation is over, Isma thinks back to Aneeka, her sister, and how a part of her wants to return to her sister.
• A thought flickers in Isma's mind of Parvaiz, whom we do not know at this time is her brother, but the thought is pushed down.
• The woman officer comes back in and Aneeka is handed back a boarding pass for the plane which has already left.
• Isma thanks the officer as she leaves.
• Isma arrives...
This section contains 8,559 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)