|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
2. What kind of enthusiasm does Orwell say is now flagging?
3. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
4. What does Orwell want to write?
5. What does Orwell decide to get before he is transferred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Orwell's opinion of Communists change during his time in Spain? How did Orwell express his dislike for Communism in his later years?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Orwell to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Orwell hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Orwell's ideas about life?
3. How has Orwell changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)