|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
2. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
3. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
4. What group has now been declared an illegal organization?
5. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Orwell's previous books and contrast it with HOMAGE TO CATALONIA in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following groups and state their political ideology and involvement in the Spanish Civil War.
3. The Popular Army.
4. The Civil guards.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Orwell become disillusioned with Communism? What was Orwell's view of Communism before he fought for POUM?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)