|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell visit Kopp?
2. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
3. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
4. What is erected in the city the next morning?
5. What city do Orwell and his wife return to in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1930s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Spain become a Fascist country and stay that way for so long? How did the move to Fascism change the country?
Essay Topic 3
What does the book express about oppression? In what way did the Communist oppressive methods backfire? Are there any elements of western society you would identify as oppressive?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)