|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A sniper.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A machine gun.
2. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
3. What does the militia attack in late March?
4. What does a Column mean?
(a) An Arsenal.
(b) A large number of soldiers.
(c) An enemy line.
(d) An article in a newspaper.
5. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(a) Run away.
(d) Throw their grenades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
2. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
3. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
4. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
5. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)