|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Travel around the country.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Write newspaper articles.
(d) Protest against war.
2. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Snobbery and hatred.
(b) Chaos and disorder.
(c) Class and privilege.
(d) Peace and calm.
3. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
(a) A visit from the soldier's wives.
(b) The end of the ammunition.
(c) The weather.
(d) The reopening of the postal system.
4. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
(c) A bed.
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
2. What country does Orwell decide travel to go to complete his recovery?
3. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
4. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
5. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)