|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Chaos and disorder.
(b) Class and privilege.
(c) Snobbery and hatred.
(d) Peace and calm.
2. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
3. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
(a) A dart board.
(b) A genocide.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A cesspool.
4. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A violent abuse of power.
(b) A furious assault.
(c) A funky mess.
(d) A genocide.
5. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
2. Where does Orwell visit Kopp?
3. What does the militia attack in late March?
4. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
5. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)