|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Cooking duty.
(b) Drinks duty.
(c) Propaganda duty.
(d) Gunner duty.
2. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
(a) The Fascists had to call on external help.
(b) They did not lose any men.
(c) It drew troops away from Huesca.
(d) They showed the Fascists how serious they were.
3. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) World War One.
(b) The One Hundred Years War.
(c) The Boer War.
(d) The Mafia Wars.
4. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
5. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
2. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
3. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
5. What does Orwell want to write?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)