|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better weapons.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It is structured.
(d) It has better living conditions.
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A head quarters.
(b) A machine gunner.
(c) A tank.
(d) A flag.
3. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The meat queue.
(b) The sweet queue.
(c) The cigarette queue.
(d) The bread queue.
4. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) People are too tired to fight.
(b) It destroys equipment and clothes.
(c) People struggle to breathe.
(d) It causes people to runaway.
5. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
2. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
3. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
4. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
5. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)