|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the militia attack in late March?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(a) Heraldo de Catalon.
(c) Heraldo de Aragun.
3. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The fall of Mblaga.
(b) The defeat of the Nazis.
(c) The defeat of the Russians.
(d) The Polish invasion.
4. What does the Spanish government take over in May?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The military barracks.
(c) The post office.
(d) The central police barracks.
5. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) Alfred Molina.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Andry Nin.
(d) George Orwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
2. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
3. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
4. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
5. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)