|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(b) Fascist officers.
(d) Trade union members.
2. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(b) Long grass.
3. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
(a) The Fascists had to call on external help.
(b) They showed the Fascists how serious they were.
(c) It drew troops away from Huesca.
(d) They did not lose any men.
4. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The nurses.
(c) The orderlies.
(d) The visitors.
5. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
2. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
4. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
5. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)