|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
2. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It is structured.
(b) It has better living conditions.
(c) It has a goal.
(d) It has better weapons.
3. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(a) Orwell's wife.
4. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
5. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
2. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
3. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
4. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
5. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)