|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
(a) They did not lose any men.
(b) They showed the Fascists how serious they were.
(c) The Fascists had to call on external help.
(d) It drew troops away from Huesca.
2. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned hand.
(b) Shell shock.
(c) Brain damage.
(d) Poisoned foot.
3. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
4. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The rich.
(c) The government officials.
(d) The military.
5. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A popular army member.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A paratrooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
2. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
4. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
5. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)