|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
2. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
(a) The Enemies of Evil.
(b) Looting Goodness.
(d) The Friends of Durruti.
3. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The Civil Guards.
4. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Andry Nin.
(d) Alfred Molina.
5. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(b) 2nd Lieutenant.
(c) 1st Lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
2. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
4. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
5. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)