|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) To stop people leaving their houses.
(d) To save energy.
2. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The bread queue.
(b) The meat queue.
(c) The cigarette queue.
(d) The sweet queue.
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A tank.
(b) A machine gunner.
(c) A head quarters.
(d) A flag.
5. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is badly made.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is not thrown with enough force.
(d) It is too old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city in Spain do people say is still revolutionary?
2. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
3. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
4. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
5. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)