|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(b) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(c) The soldiers receive better weapons.
(d) Weather gets warmer.
2. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(b) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(c) Jose Rocca Payno.
(d) Francisco Largo Caballero.
3. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Send them home.
(b) Use them for furniture.
(c) Use them to keep warm.
(d) Throw them back.
4. What is the terrain of no man's land?
5. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Summer Soltice.
(c) May Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
3. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
4. What two languages can Kopp speak?
5. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)