|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The speed.
(b) The dialect.
(c) The humor.
(d) The slang.
2. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is badly made.
(b) It is too old.
(c) It is not thrown with enough force.
(d) It is too cold.
3. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) The muddy terrain.
(c) The overhead bombs.
(d) The steep terrain.
4. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
(c) Unexploded bombs.
(d) Boxes of ammunition.
5. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
(a) The International Column.
(b) The Popular Army.
(d) The Militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
2. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
3. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
4. What is on top of each hilltop?
5. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)