|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terrain of no man's land?
2. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Nationalists.
(c) The Capitalists.
(d) The Fascists.
3. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) The One Hundred Years War.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) World War One.
(d) The Mafia Wars.
4. What happens on April 25, 1937?
(a) Orwell makes his escape.
(b) Orwell's unit is taken captive.
(c) The Fascists surrender.
(d) Orwell's unit is relieved.
5. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) People struggle to breathe.
(b) It causes people to runaway.
(c) It destroys equipment and clothes.
(d) People are too tired to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
2. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
3. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
4. Who heads the national Spanish government?
5. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)