|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(a) Long grass.
2. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Green and yellow.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Orange and white.
3. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) A Dutch Yoodle.
(b) A German Mauser.
(c) An AK-47.
(d) An English marksman.
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To stop people leaving their houses.
(b) For fear of air raids.
(c) To stop foreigners coming in.
(d) To save energy.
5. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
2. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
3. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
4. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)