|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
2. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The Militia Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
3. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(c) Government buildings.
4. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Send them home.
(b) Use them to keep warm.
(c) Throw them back.
(d) Use them for furniture.
5. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) The overhead bombs.
(c) The muddy terrain.
(d) The steep terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
2. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
3. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
4. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
5. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)