|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
2. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
(a) The Fascists and the Anarchists.
(b) The Communists and the Capitalists.
(c) The Fascists and the Capitalists.
(d) The Communists and the Anarchists.
3. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) People struggle to breathe.
(b) It causes people to runaway.
(c) People are too tired to fight.
(d) It destroys equipment and clothes.
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The dialect.
(b) The humor.
(c) The slang.
(d) The speed.
5. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
2. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
3. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
4. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
5. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)