|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(a) Heraldo de Aragun.
(c) Heraldo de Catalon.
3. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them to keep warm.
(b) Use them for furniture.
(c) Send them home.
(d) Throw them back.
4. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
5. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) The Mafia Wars.
(b) The One Hundred Years War.
(c) World War One.
(d) The Boer War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
2. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
3. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
4. Who heads the national Spanish government?
5. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)