|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
2. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Carlo.
(b) Monte Toto.
(c) Monte Oscuro.
(d) Monte Rego.
3. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The sweet queue.
(b) The cigarette queue.
(c) The meat queue.
(d) The bread queue.
4. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
(a) Opening markets.
(b) Crop planting.
(d) Tree planting.
5. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) An Italian millitiaman.
(c) A popular army member.
(d) A paratrooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
2. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
5. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)