|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Jewish rabbis.
(d) The British government.
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It has better weapons.
(c) It has better living conditions.
(d) It is structured.
4. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(a) Run away.
(c) Throw their grenades.
5. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A genocide.
(b) A furious assault.
(c) A violent abuse of power.
(d) A funky mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
2. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
3. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
4. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)