|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the soldiers bathe?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The local baths.
(d) The sea.
2. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A swasticker.
(b) A hammer and sickle.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A Spanish flag.
3. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(b) Machine guns.
4. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(c) Long grass.
5. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By beating him around the head.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By bayoneting him.
(d) By throwing an axe at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
2. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
3. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
4. What does the militia attack in late March?
5. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)