|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To save energy.
(b) To stop people leaving their houses.
(c) To stop foreigners coming in.
(d) For fear of air raids.
2. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
3. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A furious assault.
(b) A genocide.
(c) A funky mess.
(d) A violent abuse of power.
4. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Western Spain.
(b) Northern Spain.
(c) Southern Spain.
(d) Central Spain.
5. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
2. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
3. Where do they find out the two men are after they go looking for them in Chapter 7?
4. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)