|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Throw them back.
(b) Use them for furniture.
(c) Send them home.
(d) Use them to keep warm.
2. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
(a) Torre Fabian.
(b) Georges Kopp.
(c) Jacques Wren.
(d) Horace Potts.
3. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
4. Where do the soldiers bathe?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The sea.
(d) The local baths.
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(b) Working men.
(c) Human excrement.
(d) Dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
2. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
3. Where was POUM based?
4. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
5. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)