|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Italian and French.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) English and French.
(d) Spanish and English.
2. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The dialect.
(b) The speed.
(c) The slang.
(d) The humor.
3. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A tank.
(b) A machine gunner.
(c) A flag.
(d) A head quarters.
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To stop foreigners coming in.
(b) To save energy.
(c) To stop people leaving their houses.
(d) For fear of air raids.
5. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
2. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
3. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
4. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
5. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)