|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Working men.
(b) Human excrement.
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Dead bodies.
2. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A genocide.
(b) A furious assault.
(c) A violent abuse of power.
(d) A funky mess.
3. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
(a) General Mussolini.
(b) General Castro.
(c) General Goebbels.
(d) General Franco.
4. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The bread queue.
(b) The meat queue.
(c) The sweet queue.
(d) The cigarette queue.
5. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Throw them back.
(b) Use them to keep warm.
(c) Use them for furniture.
(d) Send them home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
2. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
3. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
4. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
5. What does the militia attack in late March?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)