|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The bread queue.
(b) The sweet queue.
(c) The meat queue.
(d) The cigarette queue.
2. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The party zone.
(b) The dead zone.
(c) No man's land.
(d) The desert.
3. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(b) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(c) Weather gets warmer.
(d) The soldiers receive better weapons.
4. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) Spanish and French.
(b) English and German.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) English and French.
5. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A swasticker.
(b) A British flag.
(c) A hammer and sickle.
(d) A Spanish flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
2. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
3. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
5. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)