|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
2. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The bread queue.
(b) The cigarette queue.
(c) The sweet queue.
(d) The meat queue.
3. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
4. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A hammer and sickle.
(b) A swasticker.
(c) A Spanish flag.
(d) A British flag.
5. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
2. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
3. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
4. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
5. What does the militia attack in late March?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)