|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too old.
(b) It is badly made.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is not thrown with enough force.
2. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(b) Working men.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Human excrement.
3. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A genocide.
(b) A violent abuse of power.
(c) A furious assault.
(d) A funky mess.
4. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
5. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
3. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
4. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
5. What does the militia attack in late March?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)