|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Propaganda duty.
(b) Cooking duty.
(c) Drinks duty.
(d) Gunner duty.
2. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them to keep warm.
(b) Send them home.
(c) Use them for furniture.
(d) Throw them back.
3. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Brain damage.
(b) Poisoned hand.
(c) Shell shock.
(d) Poisoned foot.
4. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(d) Government buildings.
5. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
2. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
3. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)