|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The defeat of the Russians.
(b) The Polish invasion.
(c) The defeat of the Nazis.
(d) The fall of Mblaga.
2. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) The first line of attack.
(d) God like.
3. What does a Column mean?
(a) An Arsenal.
(b) An article in a newspaper.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An enemy line.
4. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Rego.
(b) Monte Toto.
(c) Monte Carlo.
(d) Monte Oscuro.
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better weapons.
(b) It has better living conditions.
(c) It has a goal.
(d) It is structured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
2. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
3. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
4. What is the terrain of no man's land?
5. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)