|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too old.
(c) It is not thrown with enough force.
(d) It is badly made.
2. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Communists.
3. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(c) Machine guns.
4. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) World War One.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) The One Hundred Years War.
(d) The Mafia Wars.
5. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) English and French.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) Italian and French.
(d) Spanish and English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
2. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
3. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
4. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
5. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)