|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Throw them back.
(b) Use them to keep warm.
(c) Send them home.
(d) Use them for furniture.
2. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
3. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Capitalists.
(c) The Anarchists.
(d) The Communists.
4. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It is structured.
5. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too old.
(b) It is badly made.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is not thrown with enough force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
2. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
3. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
4. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
5. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)