|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) An English marksman.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) A German Mauser.
(d) A Dutch Yoodle.
2. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The steep terrain.
(b) The muddy terrain.
(c) The overhead bombs.
(d) The stormy weather.
3. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
4. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A popular army member.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A paratrooper.
5. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the militia attack in late March?
2. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
3. Where was POUM based?
4. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
5. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)