|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Jose Rocca Payno.
(b) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(c) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(d) Francisco Largo Caballero.
2. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Western Spain.
(b) Southern Spain.
(c) Central Spain.
(d) Northern Spain.
3. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
4. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) An English marksman.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) A Dutch Yoodle.
(d) A German Mauser.
5. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(a) Machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
2. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
5. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)