|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Nationalists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Capitalists.
(d) The Fascists.
2. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(a) Long grass.
3. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The Militia Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Human excrement.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Working men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
2. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
3. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
4. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
5. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)