|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
2. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The POUM Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The Militia Army.
(d) The Popular Army.
3. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Capitalists.
(d) The Anarchists.
4. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It is structured.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It has a goal.
5. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
2. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
3. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
4. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
5. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)