|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
2. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The Polish invasion.
(b) The fall of Mblaga.
(c) The defeat of the Nazis.
(d) The defeat of the Russians.
3. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) No man's land.
(b) The dead zone.
(c) The desert.
(d) The party zone.
4. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(b) Jose Rocca Payno.
(c) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(d) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
5. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too old.
(c) It is badly made.
(d) It is not thrown with enough force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
2. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
3. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)