|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
2. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The British government.
(b) The Jewish rabbis.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The sweet queue.
(b) The bread queue.
(c) The cigarette queue.
(d) The meat queue.
4. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
5. What does a Column mean?
(a) An enemy line.
(b) An article in a newspaper.
(c) An Arsenal.
(d) A large number of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
2. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
3. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)