|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Column mean?
(a) A large number of soldiers.
(b) An article in a newspaper.
(c) An Arsenal.
(d) An enemy line.
2. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
3. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A hammer and sickle.
(b) A Spanish flag.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A swasticker.
4. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Gunner duty.
(b) Propaganda duty.
(c) Cooking duty.
(d) Drinks duty.
5. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
2. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
3. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
4. What is on top of each hilltop?
5. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)