|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
2. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The POUM Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The Popular Army.
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The humor.
(b) The slang.
(c) The dialect.
(d) The speed.
4. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too old.
(b) It is not thrown with enough force.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is badly made.
5. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was POUM based?
2. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
3. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
4. What is on top of each hilltop?
5. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)