|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Toto.
(b) Monte Oscuro.
(c) Monte Carlo.
(d) Monte Rego.
2. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
3. What does a Column mean?
(a) An Arsenal.
(b) An enemy line.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An article in a newspaper.
4. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The fall of Mblaga.
(b) The defeat of the Russians.
(c) The defeat of the Nazis.
(d) The Polish invasion.
5. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The Jewish rabbis.
(b) The militia.
(c) The British government.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
2. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
3. What does the militia attack in late March?
4. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
5. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)