|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Write newspaper articles.
(c) Travel around the country.
(d) Protest against war.
2. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The militia.
(b) The British government.
(c) The Jewish rabbis.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To save energy.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) To stop people leaving their houses.
(d) For fear of air raids.
4. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) World War One.
(b) The One Hundred Years War.
(c) The Boer War.
(d) The Mafia Wars.
5. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
2. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
3. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
4. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
5. What does a Column mean?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)