|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(b) Government buildings.
2. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
3. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(b) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(c) Jose Rocca Payno.
(d) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
4. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
5. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
2. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
3. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
4. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
5. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)