|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Column mean?
(a) An article in a newspaper.
(b) An Arsenal.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An enemy line.
2. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(c) Government buildings.
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The humor.
(b) The dialect.
(c) The slang.
(d) The speed.
4. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and French.
(b) English and German.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) Spanish and French.
5. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Central Spain.
(b) Western Spain.
(c) Northern Spain.
(d) Southern Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
2. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
4. What is the terrain of no man's land?
5. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)