|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Working men.
(b) Human excrement.
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Dead bodies.
2. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Southern Spain.
(b) Western Spain.
(c) Central Spain.
(d) Northern Spain.
3. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The POUM Army.
(d) The Popular Army.
4. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
5. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The Jewish rabbis.
(b) The British government.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. Who heads the national Spanish government?
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)