|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terrain of no man's land?
2. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
3. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To stop people leaving their houses.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) For fear of air raids.
(d) To save energy.
4. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(b) Government buildings.
5. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The steep terrain.
(b) The muddy terrain.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) The overhead bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
2. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
5. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)