|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) An English marksman.
(c) A German Mauser.
(d) A Dutch Yoodle.
2. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The desert.
(b) The party zone.
(c) No man's land.
(d) The dead zone.
3. What does a Column mean?
(a) An Arsenal.
(b) An enemy line.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An article in a newspaper.
4. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The steep terrain.
(b) The overhead bombs.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) The muddy terrain.
5. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Nationalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
2. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
5. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)