|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Orange and white.
2. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
3. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) Spanish and French.
(b) English and German.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) English and French.
4. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Anarchists.
(d) The Capitalists.
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It is structured.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It has better living conditions.
(d) It has better weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
2. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
3. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
4. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
5. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)