|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A popular army member.
(b) A paratrooper.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A German soldier.
2. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Communists.
3. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and German.
(b) Spanish and French.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) English and French.
4. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better weapons.
(b) It is structured.
(c) It has a goal.
(d) It has better living conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
2. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
3. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
4. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
5. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)