|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It has better weapons.
(c) It is structured.
(d) It has a goal.
2. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(b) Machine guns.
3. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
4. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
5. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
2. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
3. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
4. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)