|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Green and yellow.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Orange and white.
(d) Red and black.
2. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) An Italian millitiaman.
(b) A popular army member.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A paratrooper.
3. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) A Dutch Yoodle.
(b) An English marksman.
(c) An AK-47.
(d) A German Mauser.
4. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(d) Machine guns.
5. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) The One Hundred Years War.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) The Mafia Wars.
(d) World War One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
2. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
3. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
4. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
5. What is on top of each hilltop?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)