|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The slang.
(b) The dialect.
(c) The speed.
(d) The humor.
2. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) A Dutch Yoodle.
(b) An English marksman.
(c) A German Mauser.
(d) An AK-47.
3. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
4. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It is structured.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It has better living conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
2. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
3. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)