|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It has better living conditions.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It is structured.
2. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
3. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A swasticker.
(b) A British flag.
(c) A Spanish flag.
(d) A hammer and sickle.
4. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
2. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
3. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
4. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
5. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)