|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) The first line of attack.
(c) God like.
(d) A necessary evil.
2. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Write newspaper articles.
(b) Travel around the country.
(c) Protest against war.
(d) Write a book.
3. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
4. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Human excrement.
(b) Working men.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Cigar smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
2. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
5. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)