|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) To save energy.
(d) To stop people leaving their houses.
2. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) Spanish and French.
(b) English and French.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) English and German.
3. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
2. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
3. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
4. What is on top of each hilltop?
5. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)