|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
2. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A Spanish flag.
(b) A hammer and sickle.
(c) A swasticker.
(d) A British flag.
4. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It is structured.
(c) It has better living conditions.
(d) It has better weapons.
5. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
2. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
3. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)