|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Capitalists.
(c) The Anarchists.
(d) The Communists.
2. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Travel around the country.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Protest against war.
(d) Write newspaper articles.
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It is structured.
4. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
5. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The meat queue.
(b) The cigarette queue.
(c) The sweet queue.
(d) The bread queue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
3. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
4. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
5. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)