|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better weapons.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It has better living conditions.
(d) It is structured.
2. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To save energy.
(c) To stop foreigners coming in.
(d) To stop people leaving their houses.
3. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Travel around the country.
(b) Protest against war.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Write newspaper articles.
4. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The muddy terrain.
(b) The steep terrain.
(c) The overhead bombs.
(d) The stormy weather.
5. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A paratrooper.
(c) A popular army member.
(d) An Italian millitiaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
2. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
3. What is on top of each hilltop?
4. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
5. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)