|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Working men.
(c) Human excrement.
(d) Cigar smoke.
2. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
3. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Nationalists.
4. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
5. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) Arabic and Russian.
(b) English and German.
(c) English and French.
(d) Spanish and French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
2. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
3. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
4. What does a Column mean?
5. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)