|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Column mean?
(a) An enemy line.
(b) An Arsenal.
(c) An article in a newspaper.
(d) A large number of soldiers.
2. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) No man's land.
(b) The desert.
(c) The dead zone.
(d) The party zone.
3. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(d) Machine guns.
4. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
5. What is the terrain of no man's land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
2. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
3. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
4. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)