|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was POUM based?
2. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To stop foreigners coming in.
(b) To save energy.
(c) For fear of air raids.
(d) To stop people leaving their houses.
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It has better weapons.
(c) It is structured.
(d) It has a goal.
4. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
5. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
2. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
3. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
4. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
5. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)