|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
2. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Shell shock.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) Poisoned foot.
(d) Poisoned hand.
3. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A Spanish flag.
(b) A swasticker.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A hammer and sickle.
4. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
(b) Hand grenades.
(c) Machine guns.
(d) Mustard gas.
5. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The cigarette queue.
(b) The meat queue.
(c) The bread queue.
(d) The sweet queue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
2. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
3. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
4. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
5. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)