|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It is structured.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It has a goal.
2. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) An Italian millitiaman.
(b) A paratrooper.
(c) A popular army member.
(d) A German soldier.
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The speed.
(b) The humor.
(c) The dialect.
(d) The slang.
4. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
5. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
2. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
5. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)