|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A flag.
(b) A head quarters.
(c) A tank.
(d) A machine gunner.
3. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and German.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and French.
(d) Arabic and Russian.
4. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(c) Heraldo de Aragun.
(d) Heraldo de Catalon.
5. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Cooking duty.
(b) Gunner duty.
(c) Drinks duty.
(d) Propaganda duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
5. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)