|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A popular army member.
(b) An Italian millitiaman.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A paratrooper.
2. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Nationalists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Capitalists.
3. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Send them home.
(b) Throw them back.
(c) Use them to keep warm.
(d) Use them for furniture.
4. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
5. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
2. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
3. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
4. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
5. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)