|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Column mean?
(a) An Arsenal.
(b) An article in a newspaper.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An enemy line.
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A head quarters.
(b) A machine gunner.
(c) A flag.
(d) A tank.
3. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A violent abuse of power.
(b) A funky mess.
(c) A furious assault.
(d) A genocide.
4. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and French.
(b) English and German.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) Spanish and French.
5. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Capitalists.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
2. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
3. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
4. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
5. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)