|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is not thrown with enough force.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is badly made.
(d) It is too old.
2. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
3. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
4. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Write newspaper articles.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Protest against war.
(d) Travel around the country.
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It has better living conditions.
(c) It is structured.
(d) It has better weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who heads the national Spanish government?
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
5. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)