|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The British government.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Jewish rabbis.
(d) The militia.
2. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The party zone.
(b) No man's land.
(c) The dead zone.
(d) The desert.
3. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The cigarette queue.
(b) The bread queue.
(c) The meat queue.
(d) The sweet queue.
4. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Orange and white.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Red and black.
5. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A German soldier.
(b) A paratrooper.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A popular army member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
5. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)