|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A paratrooper.
(b) An Italian millitiaman.
(c) A popular army member.
(d) A German soldier.
2. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
3. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The party zone.
(b) The dead zone.
(c) The desert.
(d) No man's land.
5. What is the terrain of no man's land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
2. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
4. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
5. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)