|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terrain of no man's land?
2. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The British government.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Jewish rabbis.
3. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A machine gunner.
(b) A head quarters.
(c) A tank.
(d) A flag.
4. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The meat queue.
(b) The bread queue.
(c) The cigarette queue.
(d) The sweet queue.
5. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too old.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is badly made.
(d) It is not thrown with enough force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
2. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
3. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
4. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
5. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)