|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) God like.
(d) The first line of attack.
2. What does a Column mean?
(a) A large number of soldiers.
(b) An article in a newspaper.
(c) An Arsenal.
(d) An enemy line.
3. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) To stop people leaving their houses.
(b) To save energy.
(c) To stop foreigners coming in.
(d) For fear of air raids.
4. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
5. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(a) Government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
2. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
3. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
4. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
5. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)