|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) Arabic and Russian.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and French.
(d) English and German.
2. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Orange and white.
3. What does a Column mean?
(a) An article in a newspaper.
(b) An enemy line.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An Arsenal.
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The POUM Army.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The Militia Army.
5. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
2. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
3. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
4. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
5. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)