|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Send them home.
(b) Throw them back.
(c) Use them for furniture.
(d) Use them to keep warm.
2. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is more violent.
(c) It is non-revolutionary.
(d) It is occupied by the fascists.
3. Where does Orwell say pistols are almost unobtainable?
(a) The frontline.
(b) The enemy line.
4. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The government officials.
(b) The peasants.
(c) The rich.
(d) The military.
5. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
(b) The Militia.
(c) The International Column.
(d) The Popular Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
2. Where was POUM based?
3. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
4. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
5. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)