|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned foot.
(b) Shell shock.
(c) Poisoned hand.
(d) Brain damage.
2. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Jewish rabbis.
(c) The British government.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The dead zone.
(b) No man's land.
(c) The party zone.
(d) The desert.
4. Which group do the propaganda channels put down?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The militia.
(c) The International Column.
(d) The POUM.
5. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
(a) Opening markets.
(b) Tree planting.
(d) Crop planting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the terrain of no man's land?
2. What two languages can Kopp speak?
3. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
4. What kind of insect rises from the ground?
5. Where was POUM based?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)