|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spanish government order everyone to surrender?
(a) Privately owned weapons.
(b) Privately owned businesses.
(c) Privately owned land.
(d) Privately owned vehicles.
2. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A bus.
3. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
4. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them to keep warm.
(b) Send them home.
(c) Throw them back.
(d) Use them for furniture.
5. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
2. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
3. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
4. What is the name of the POUM leader?
5. What happens on April 25, 1937?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)