|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) Alfred Molina.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Andry Nin.
2. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
3. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
4. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is not thrown with enough force.
(b) It is too old.
(c) It is badly made.
(d) It is too cold.
5. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them for furniture.
(b) Use them to keep warm.
(c) Throw them back.
(d) Send them home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
2. Where was POUM based?
3. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
4. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
5. How has Barcelona now changed?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)