|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of the two halves of Palestine?
2. Historians are desperate to trace the Merovingian bloodline previous to activity in what city?
3. The letter contained what historical item?
4. What school did the prince attend?
5. What other group had a similar belief/ritual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the French Journal Officiel?
2. Why was the involvement of Pontius Pilate questionable?
3. When Plantard was finally located, what condition did he place on information regarding the Priory?
4. What was one of the most important reasons Jesus' life was edited in the scriptures?
5. Explain some of the items that were found in Childric I's tomb.
6. What does the Bible have to say about the tribes of Israel?
7. Which two tribes were dominant in Israel? What was their relationship to each other?
8. Briefly describe the origin of the Merovingian dynasty.
9. What were the early references to the Holy Grail and how did they differ from later theories?
10. Who was Abbe Ducaud-Bourget? What was the Abbe's relationship to the Pope?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast proven historical fact against the information provided in the Gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John. Discuss possible discrepancies in each.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the dissolution of the Knights Templar. Compare it to the dissolution of the Priory of Scion. Could either still exist? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the importance of the discoveries at Rennes-le-Chateau. Which was the most significant? Do you feel Sauniere acted in a manner fitting his position? Explain. What were the reactions of Sauniere's superiors? How did the reactions affect the search for the Holy Grail?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)