|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1956, how many people were members of the Priory?
2. Who served as the new king to the Moors' conquered region?
3. In what year were the writings destroyed?
4. How many tribes of Israel were there?
5. With what court was Chretien de Troyes related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the view of the authors on the conversion of Constantine?
2. Explain some of von Eschenbach's theories on the Grail.
3. Name some of the guidelines of crucifixion that were not followed in the crucifixion of Jesus.
4. Explain the evolution of the Holy Grail in the 15th century.
5. Describe the structure of the Priory of Scion.
6. When Plantard was finally located, what condition did he place on information regarding the Priory?
7. What was one of the most important reasons Jesus' life was edited in the scriptures?
8. What were the early references to the Holy Grail and how did they differ from later theories?
9. Briefly describe the origin of the Merovingian dynasty.
10. How did the authors trace the seed of David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the political and religious governments of the Muslims and the Christians in Palestine and Israel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the discoveries at Rennes-le-Chateau. Which was the most significant? Do you feel Sauniere acted in a manner fitting his position? Explain. What were the reactions of Sauniere's superiors? How did the reactions affect the search for the Holy Grail?
Essay Topic 3
One of the major disputes in tracing the bloodline of Jesus is the possible marriage. Why is this unsubstantiated fact such an issue? Which groups believe Jesus was married? Why? What is the point of view of the opposition?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)