|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most sacred symbols for the Merovingians?
2. The man inadvertently causes what disaster?
3. How often was the French Journal Officiel published?
4. What other group had a similar belief/ritual?
5. A logo for what type of company was supposedly a call to arms for one of the organizations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Mani? What part did Mani play in the religious arena?
2. Name at least two clues followed by the authors in connecting Jesus to the Merovingians.
3. Describe the structure of the Priory of Scion.
4. What does the Bible have to say about the tribes of Israel?
5. Who were the Arians? What was this group's point of view?
6. Discuss the connection between Merovee and magic.
7. What is the French Journal Officiel?
8. Describe the authors' views on the children of Jesus and Mary.
9. When Plantard was finally located, what condition did he place on information regarding the Priory?
10. Explain some of von Eschenbach's theories on the Grail.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the discoveries made by Sauniere. Where were the discoveries made? Why were they significant? Who did Sauniere turn to for advice? What was the advice? What happened to Sauniere following his return to the parish?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail your opinion on the Holy Grail. What is the Holy Grail? Does it still exist? Did it ever exist? What is its importance? What would it mean to the world if the Holy Grail was discovered and revealed?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast proven historical fact against the information provided in the Gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John. Discuss possible discrepancies in each.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)