|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This type of literature disappeared for about how many years?
2. What was odd about the parentage of Merovee?
3. What were the names of the two halves of Palestine?
4. In what year was an important letter discovered in a monastery?
5. From what group did the Merovingians originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the involvement of Pontius Pilate questionable?
2. Which two tribes were dominant in Israel? What was their relationship to each other?
3. What does the Bible have to say about the tribes of Israel?
4. Describe the structure of the Priory of Scion.
5. Who was King Belus? What was his relationship to the Benjamites?
6. Who were the Arians? What was this group's point of view?
7. Describe the authors' views on the children of Jesus and Mary.
8. Give two examples of controversial text included in the Gnostic writings.
9. What happened to the Benjamites after the war with the Levite?
10. What is the French Journal Officiel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail your opinion on the Holy Grail. What is the Holy Grail? Does it still exist? Did it ever exist? What is its importance? What would it mean to the world if the Holy Grail was discovered and revealed?
Essay Topic 2
One of the Gospels implied that Jesus was of noble stock, while another claimed Jesus was more common. Some even suggested that Jesus was poor. Examine these theories, who held them and why each may have supported those beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the discoveries made by Sauniere. Where were the discoveries made? Why were they significant? Who did Sauniere turn to for advice? What was the advice? What happened to Sauniere following his return to the parish?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)