|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was difficult for researchers to trace grandmasters prior to what year?
2. Which of the following languages was not studied by the man?
3. In what year was the group founded?
4. In what year was the Priory evicted from Saint-Samson?
5. What building was the only hold out in the siege?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gérard de Seded supposedly gather information published in his novel?
2. In what year and by what method was the history of the Knights Templar released to the public?
3. Describe the important opus that was contained in the Dossiers Secrets.
4. What are the Rosicrucian Manifestos?
5. What was considered to be the first case of genocide in European history?
6. Name at least two reasons why the Priory of Scion in Orleans angered the Pope and French king.
7. What was the official seat of the Priory of Scion and when was it established?
8. Briefly describe the discovery of the parchments.
9. Who seemed to be the true ruler of France during the reign of Louis XIII?
10. The Knights Templar are often misrepresented by written history. Examine some of the things that are related to the Templars but remain unsubstantiated.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major disputes in tracing the bloodline of Jesus is the possible marriage. Why is this unsubstantiated fact such an issue? Which groups believe Jesus was married? Why? What is the point of view of the opposition?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Cathars and the Christians. Include religious beliefs and principles, geography, culture, political power, and wealth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the dissolution of the Knights Templar. Compare it to the dissolution of the Priory of Scion. Could either still exist? Explain.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)