|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was assassinated before his coronation as king?
2. What group was commonly known as "cross bearing soldiers?"
3. What was the surname of the person credited with compiling genealogies?
4. What is the occupation of the person that became suddenly wealthy?
5. What two groups came together to try and reclaim France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have been a reason that Sauniere was assigned to such a small parish?
2. Name at least one reason why older nobility in the Languedoc liked to become Cathar priests.
3. Describe the important opus that was contained in the Dossiers Secrets.
4. What was the main difference between Godfroi and the other military leaders?
5. Explain the connection to Pope John XXIII.
6. Why did the authors begin the book with tales about the Cathars?
7. Who was Rene D'Anjou and what was his role in finding the Holy Grail?
8. What was the official seat of the Priory of Scion and when was it established?
9. Describe how the Templars changed after the Pope gave them free reign.
10. Who supposedly instigated the Crusades?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail your opinion on the Holy Grail. What is the Holy Grail? Does it still exist? Did it ever exist? What is its importance? What would it mean to the world if the Holy Grail was discovered and revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the founding, purpose, methods, and duties of the Priory of Scion as it relates to the Holy Grail and the Church at large.
Essay Topic 3
Who were the Gnostics? What were the Gnostic Gospels? Examine the beliefs and teachings of the Gnostics and how the addition of the Gnostic Gospels may have changed the Bible. How do the Gnostic Gospels affect the history of or search for the Holy Grail?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)