|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors did the group wear?
2. Who is Hugues de Payen?
3. D'Anjou reportedly influenced which powerful figure?
4. What was the name of the man who led the monks from Italy?
5. Who was running Jerusalem at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Leo Schidlof and what role did he play in the Dossiers Secrets?
2. Which group of documents turned out to be the most important and what did they contain?
3. What else was discovered by Sauniere?
4. Name at least two reasons why the Priory of Scion in Orleans angered the Pope and French king.
5. Name at least one reason why older nobility in the Languedoc liked to become Cathar priests.
6. Explain the connection to Pope John XXIII.
7. Briefly describe the beliefs of the Albigensian and Cathar sects.
8. How did Gérard de Seded supposedly gather information published in his novel?
9. The Knights Templar are often misrepresented by written history. Examine some of the things that are related to the Templars but remain unsubstantiated.
10. How was Rene D'Anjou supposedly connected to Joan of Arc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major disputes in tracing the bloodline of Jesus is the possible marriage. Why is this unsubstantiated fact such an issue? Which groups believe Jesus was married? Why? What is the point of view of the opposition?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the discoveries made by Sauniere. Where were the discoveries made? Why were they significant? Who did Sauniere turn to for advice? What was the advice? What happened to Sauniere following his return to the parish?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Priory of Scion to the Roman Catholic Church in the 12th and 13th centuries.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)