|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. D'Anjou reportedly influenced which powerful figure?
2. Where was the new headquarters for the Knights?
3. The Knights Templar often lived as what other group?
4. Who was considered to be Christianity's foremost spokesman in the 12th century?
5. What religious group is not mentioned in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Knights Templar are often misrepresented by written history. Examine some of the things that are related to the Templars but remain unsubstantiated.
2. Why did the authors begin the book with tales about the Cathars?
3. What are the Rosicrucian Manifestos?
4. Explain the connection to Pope John XXIII.
5. What might have been a reason that Sauniere was assigned to such a small parish?
6. Describe how the Templars changed after the Pope gave them free reign.
7. What was the official seat of the Priory of Scion and when was it established?
8. How was Rene D'Anjou supposedly connected to Joan of Arc?
9. Name at least one reason why older nobility in the Languedoc liked to become Cathar priests.
10. Who was Leo Schidlof and what role did he play in the Dossiers Secrets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difficulties involved with authorship of the Secret Dossiers and various pieces of genealogy. Explain what historians and researchers were able to substantiate and what was left to theory. How did each affect the search for the Holy Grail?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the process by which certain books were included in the Bible. Who made the decisions? What were the criteria? According to the authors, who was responsible for the largest number of alterations to the book and its text? What do modern historians and theologians say about the process and its effects?
Essay Topic 3
Given the information in the book, where do you think the Holy Grail is today? Does it exist? Did it ever exist? Do you think that the Grail is a vessel or a reference to Jesus' bloodline? Examine how either answer would affect Christianity as a whole.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)